Genomes and Genes
Andrew J Mannes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Measurement of resiniferatoxin in serum samples by high-performance liquid chromatographyAndrew J Mannes
DASS NIH, Building 49, Room 1A08, 49 Convent Drive Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 823:184-8. 2005..Therefore, the procedure described provides a useful assay for determination of serum RTX pharmacokinetic parameters...
- Measurement of resiniferatoxin in cerebrospinal fluid by high-performance liquid chromatographyAndrew J Mannes
PPCS DASS NIDCR NIH, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room 1N117, Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 780:475-9. 2002..This assay was applied to measure CSF RTX content to test this method for research and clinical applications related to studies examining its analgesia effects...
- Diagnosis, management, and complications of glomus tumours of the digits in neurofibromatosis type 1Douglas R Stewart
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, 49 Convent Drive, Building 49, Room 4A62, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Med Genet 47:525-32. 2010..Glomus tumours of the fingers and toes are associated with the monogenic disorder neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1) and are recently recognised as part of the NF1 phenotype...
- Itch-associated peptides: RNA-Seq and bioinformatic analysis of natriuretic precursor peptide B and gastrin releasing peptide in dorsal root and trigeminal ganglia, and the spinal cordSamridhi C Goswami
Department of Perioperative Medicine, Building 10, Room 2C401, MSC 1510, Clinical Center, NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Pain 10:44. 2014....
- Oral ketamine in the palliative care setting: a review of the literature and case report of a patient with neurofibromatosis type 1 and glomus tumor-associated complex regional pain syndromeEliezer Soto
Pain and Palliative Care Service, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 29:308-17. 2012..However, patients in the palliative care and hospice setting, especially the one at the end of their lives, may also benefit from oral ketamine even if an intravenous trial is not feasible...
- Cystatin C as a cerebrospinal fluid biomarker for pain in humansAndrew J Mannes
Pain and Neurosensory Mechanisms Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pain 102:251-6. 2003..These data are consistent with our previous animal study and the idea that persistent pain induces the synthesis and release of cystatin C in dorsal spinal cord, the surplus of which overflows into the CSF...
- Deletion of vanilloid receptor 1-expressing primary afferent neurons for pain controlLaszlo Karai
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Invest 113:1344-52. 2004..The results suggest that nociceptive neuronal or nerve terminal deletion will be effective and broadly applicable as strategies for pain management...
- Physiologic and antinociceptive effects of intrathecal resiniferatoxin in a canine bone cancer modelDorothy Cimino Brown
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6010, USA
Anesthesiology 103:1052-9. 2005..Following work in laboratory animals, the authors explored the use of intrathecal resiniferatoxin to control spontaneous bone cancer pain in companion (pet) dogs...
- Resiniferatoxin-induced loss of plasma membrane in vanilloid receptor expressing cellsRobert M Caudle
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Florida College of Dentistry and the University of Florida McKnight Brain Institute, 1600 Archer Road, P O Box 100416, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Neurotoxicology 24:895-908. 2003..From these data it was concluded that the loss of cell membrane was dependent on the presence of both VR1 and intracellular Ca2+ accumulation, but not on cell phenotype...
- Complete pain relief: potential problems and diagnostic solutionsAndrew J Mannes
Department of Anesthesia and Surgical Services, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 4410, USA
Nat Clin Pract Neurol 3:648-9. 2007
- Perineural resiniferatoxin selectively inhibits inflammatory hyperalgesiaJohn K Neubert
College of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Mol Pain 4:3. 2008..We propose that this method could represent a beneficial treatment for a range of chronic pain problems, including neuropathic and inflammatory pain not responding to other therapies...