Barbara S Mallon
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Characterization of human embryonic stem cell lines by the International Stem Cell InitiativeOluseun Adewumi
UK Stem Cell Bank, Division of Cell Biology and Imaging, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, South Mimms, Herts, EN6 3QG, UK
Nat Biotechnol 25:803-16. 2007..Also, some female lines expressed readily detectable levels of XIST whereas others did not. No significant contamination of the lines with mycoplasma, bacteria or cytopathic viruses was detected...
- StemCellDB: the human pluripotent stem cell database at the National Institutes of HealthBarbara S Mallon
NIH Stem Cell Unit, Division of Intramural Research, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Stem Cell Res 10:57-66. 2013..Finally, we provide lists of genes enriched under both differentiation conditions which show the proposed bias toward independent cell fates...
- Toward xeno-free culture of human embryonic stem cellsBarbara S Mallon
NIH Stem Cell Unit, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:1063-75. 2006..In this review, we describe various methods tested to culture cells in the absence of MEF feeder layers and other advances in eliminating xenogeneic products from the culture system...
- Non-colony type monolayer culture of human embryonic stem cellsKevin G Chen
NIH Stem Cell Unit, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Stem Cell Res 9:237-48. 2012..This culture system is simple, robust, scalable, and suitable for high-throughput screening and drug discovery...
- Regulation and expression of the ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCG2 in human embryonic stem cellsRaji Padmanabhan
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Stem Cells 30:2175-87. 2012..Our findings clarify the controversy regarding the expression of the ABCG2 gene and also provide new insights into translational control of the expression of membrane transporter mRNAs by miRNAs in hESCs...
- The mood stabilizer valproic acid stimulates GABA neurogenesis from rat forebrain stem cellsPascal Laeng
Gene Discovery, Psychiatric Genomics, Inc, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
J Neurochem 91:238-51. 2004....
- Proteolipid promoter activity distinguishes two populations of NG2-positive cells throughout neonatal cortical developmentBarbara S Mallon
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44120, USA
J Neurosci 22:876-85. 2002..On the other hand, it is possible that oligodendrocyte progenitor cells remain undifferentiated in cortex until an essential signal is produced in situ to induce differentiation...