Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Analysis of high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism data: three novel methods that control for linkage disequilibrium between markers in a linkage analysisKristina Allen Brady
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Utah, 391 Chipeta Way, Suite D, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
BMC Proc 1:S160. 2007..Additional work is required to further understand the effects of LD on linkage results and explore LD control methodology...
- Exploration of non-hierarchical classification methods combined with linkage analysis to identify loci influencing clusters of co-regulated transcriptsAlka Malhotra
Genetic Basis of Human Disease Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, 445 North Fifth Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85004, USA
BMC Proc 1:S48. 2007....
- A genome-wide association study of BMI in American IndiansAlka Malhotra
Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:2102-6. 2011..53 × 10(-6)) for the within-family tests. Further analysis is important because only a few of these regions have been previously implicated in a GWAS and genetic susceptibility may differ by ethnicity...
- MAP2K3 is associated with body mass index in American Indians and Caucasians and may mediate hypothalamic inflammationLi Bian
Diabetes Molecular Genetics Section and Diabetes Epidemiology and Clinical Research Section, Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institute of Health, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:4438-49. 2013..We conclude that MAP2K3 is a reproducible obesity locus that may affect body weight via complex mechanisms involving appetite regulation and hypothalamic inflammation. ..
- Evidence for a role of LPGAT1 in influencing BMI and percent body fat in Native AmericansMichael T Traurig
Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:193-202. 2013..Therefore LPGAT1 was analyzed as a candidate gene for obesity in Pima Indians...
- Genome-wide linkage scans for type 2 diabetes mellitus in four ethnically diverse populations-significant evidence for linkage on chromosome 4q in African Americans: the Family Investigation of Nephropathy and Diabetes Research GroupAlka Malhotra
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:740-7. 2009..The goal of the current study is to identify regions of linkage for T2DM in ethnically diverse populations...