Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Computer-aided assessment of regional abdominal fat with food residue removal in CTSokratis Makrogiannis
Longitudinal Studies Section, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, 3001 South Hanover St, 5th Fl Baltimore, MD 21225 Department of Mathematical Sciences, Delaware State University, Dover, DE 19901 Electronic address
Acad Radiol 20:1413-21. 2013..However, the presence of intestinal food residues with densities similar to fat may reduce fat quantification accuracy. We introduce an abdominal fat quantification method in CT with interest in food residue removal...
- Automated quantification of muscle and fat in the thigh from water-, fat-, and nonsuppressed MR imagesSokratis Makrogiannis
National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 35:1152-61. 2012....
- Towards segmentation of the thymus in fat and water parametric MR imagesSokratis Makrogiannis
National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, 3001 S Hanover St, Baltimore, MD 21225, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2011:8078-81. 2011..Validation experiments of the proposed algorithm against manual delineations of the thymus indicate the applicability of our approach...
- Difference in muscle quality over the adult life span and biological correlates in the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of AgingAnn Zenobia Moore
Longitudinal Studies Section, Translational Gerontology Branch, Baltimore, Maryland
J Am Geriatr Soc 62:230-6. 2014..To examine differences in a proxy measure of muscle quality across the adult life span and explore potential mechanisms of muscle quality change through identification of cross-sectional correlates of muscle quality...
- Impact of central obesity on the estimation of carotid-femoral pulse wave velocityMarco Canepa
Longitudinal Studies Section, Translational Gerontology Branch, National Institute of Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland Laboratory of Cardiovascular Sciences, Human Cardiovascular Studies Unit, National Institute of Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
Am J Hypertens 27:1209-17. 2014..We sought to investigate whether central obesity biases the estimation of PWV and whether this bias explains the association between PWV and different measures of adiposity...
- Metabolic abnormalities and hypoleptinemia in α-synuclein A53T mutant miceSarah M Rothman
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurobiol Aging 35:1153-61. 2014....