Shannon M Lynch
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Cigarette smoking and pancreatic cancer: a pooled analysis from the pancreatic cancer cohort consortiumShannon M Lynch
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Am J Epidemiol 170:403-13. 2009..This finding and the decline in risk after smoking cessation suggest that smoking has a late-stage effect on pancreatic carcinogenesis...
- Solution structure of the mature HIV-1 protease monomer: insight into the tertiary fold and stability of a precursorRieko Ishima
Molecular Structural Biology Unit, NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4307, USA
J Biol Chem 278:43311-9. 2003..Knowledge of the protease monomer structure and critical features of its dimerization may aid in the screening and design of compounds that target the protease prior to its maturation from the Gag-Pol precursor...
- Revisiting monomeric HIV-1 protease. Characterization and redesign for improved propertiesJohn M Louis
Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institute Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6085-92. 2003..This extends the target area of current inhibitors, all of which bind across the active site formed by both subunits in the active dimer...
- Mitochondrial DNA copy number and pancreatic cancer in the alpha-tocopherol beta-carotene cancer prevention studyShannon M Lynch
Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1912-9. 2011..14, 95% CI = 0.53-2.45, continuous OR = 1.05, 95% CI = 0.93-1.18). Our results support the hypothesis that mtDNA copy number is associated with pancreatic cancer and could possibly serve as a biomarker for pancreatic cancer development...
- Cancer incidence among pesticide applicators exposed to cyanazine in the agricultural health studyShannon M Lynch
Clinical and Genetic Epidemiology Research Branch, Epidemiology and Genetics Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20892, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:1248-52. 2006..The number of sites was small for certain cancers, limiting any conclusion with regard to ovarian, breast, and some other cancers...
- Cancer incidence among pesticide applicators exposed to butylate in the Agricultural Health Study (AHS)Shannon M Lynch
Epidemiology and Genetics Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Environ Res 109:860-8. 2009..27, 95% CI=1.18-4.37; NHL: RR(LD)=3.44, 95% CI=1.29-9.21). Our analysis did not find meaningful associations for other cancers analyzed. Further study is warranted for AL, NHL and prostate cancers...