Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Physiological levels of beta-amyloid peptide stimulate protein kinase C in PC12 cellsY Luo
Molecular Physiology and Genetics Section, Gerontology Research Center, NIA, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Brain Res 769:287-95. 1997..Taken together, these data suggest that physiological levels of A beta can regulate PKC activity...
- Dopamine induces apoptosis through an oxidation-involved SAPK/JNK activation pathwayY Luo
Molecular Physiology and Genetics Section, Gerontology Research Center, NIA, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Biol Chem 273:3756-64. 1998....
- Intrastriatal dopamine injection induces apoptosis through oxidation-involved activation of transcription factors AP-1 and NF-kappaB in ratsY Luo
Molecular Physiology and Genetics Section, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Mol Pharmacol 56:254-64. 1999..Thus, our data suggest that DA-oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in vivo is mediated by activation of transcription factors AP-1 and NF-kappaB...
- Dopamine stimulates redox-tyrosine kinase signaling and p38 MAPK in activation of astrocytic C6-D2L cellsY Luo
Molecular Physiology and Genetics Section, NIA, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Brain Res 850:21-38. 1999..This observation may help to understand the processes of reactive gliosis in some dopaminergic-related neurodegenerative diseases...
- The roles of dopamine oxidative stress and dopamine receptor signaling in aging and age-related neurodegenerationY Luo
Gerontology Research Center, NIA NIH, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 2:449-60. 2000..Current literature and our own recent work, which are reviewed and summarized in the present paper, suggest that dopamine oxidative stress and its subsequent signaling may contribute to the aging of dopaminergic system...