Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- A kinase anchor protein 150 (AKAP150)-associated protein kinase A limits dendritic spine densityYuan Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 286:26496-506. 2011..However, synaptic transmission and spine density was normal at 8 weeks in KO and D36 mice. Thus AKAP150-independent mechanisms correct the aberrantly high number of active spines in juvenile AKAP150 KO and D36 mice during development...
- AKAP150-anchored PKA activity is important for LTD during its induction phaseYuan Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, 51 Newton Road, Iowa City, IA 52242 1109, USA
J Physiol 586:4155-64. 2008..Collectively our data indicate that AKAP150-anchored PKA activity is required to induce LTD and not merely to maintain a tonically heightened activity level of AMPA receptors as proposed earlier...
- Age-dependent requirement of AKAP150-anchored PKA and GluR2-lacking AMPA receptors in LTPYuan Lu
Department of Pharmacology, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1109, USA
EMBO J 26:4879-90. 2007..AKAP150-anchored PKA might thus critically contribute to LTP in adult hippocampus in part by phosphorylating GluR1 to foster postsynaptic accumulation of homomeric GluR1 AMPA receptors during initial LTP in 8-week-old mice...
- Protons are a neurotransmitter that regulates synaptic plasticity in the lateral amygdalaJianyang Du
Howard Hughes Medical Institute andDepartment of Internal Medicine, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:8961-6. 2014..They also indicate that protons and ASICs are a neurotransmitter/receptor pair critical for amygdala-dependent learning and memory. ..
- Forebrain glutamatergic neurons mediate leptin action on depression-like behaviors and synaptic depressionMing Guo
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Transl Psychiatry 2:e83. 2012....