Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Outcomes research at the National Cancer Institute: measuring, understanding, and improving the outcomes of cancer careJoseph Lipscomb
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7344, USA
Clin Ther 25:699-712. 2003....
- The Outcomes of Cancer Outcomes Research: focusing on the National Cancer Institute's quality-of-care initiativeJoseph Lipscomb
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-7344, USA
Med Care 40:III3-10. 2002..CONCLUSION. The stage has been set for carrying out a balanced portfolio of level 1 to 3 outcomes research projects in cancer, with the ultimate (level 4) aim of improving cancer-related health outcomes...
- Patient-reported outcomes assessment in cancer trials: evaluating and enhancing the payoff to decision makingSteven B Clauser
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5049-50. 2007
- Patient-reported outcomes assessment in cancer trials: taking stock, moving forwardJoseph Lipscomb
Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5133-40. 2007....
- Patient-reported outcomes in cancer: a review of recent research and policy initiativesJoseph Lipscomb
Rollins School of Publci Health, Emory Universoity, Atlanta, GA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 57:278-300. 2007....
- Cancer outcomes measurement: Through the lens of the Medical Outcomes Trust frameworkJoseph Lipscomb
Department of Health Policy and Management, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Rm 642, 1518 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Qual Life Res 16:143-64. 2007..To guide its work, the COMWG adopted the revised Medical Outcomes Trust (MOT) attributes and review criteria for evaluating health status and quality-of-life instruments...
- Transcending the volume-outcome relationship in cancer careJoseph Lipscomb
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:151-4. 2006
- Reflections on findings of the Cancer Outcomes Measurement Working Group: moving to the next phaseCarolyn C Gotay
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1568-74. 2005..Research is needed to develop and test predictive models of HRQOL and to establish the added value of including HRQOL assessment in clinical trials...
- Managed care market penetration, spillover effects, and the quality of cancer careJoseph Lipscomb
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:242-4. 2005
- Understanding cancer treatment and outcomes: the Cancer Care Outcomes Research and Surveillance ConsortiumJohn Z Ayanian
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:2992-6. 2004
- Estimating the cost of cancer care in the United States: a work very much in progressJoseph Lipscomb
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:607-10. 2008