Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- RAGE on the Toll Road?Li Lin
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Sciences, National Institute on Aging, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Cell Mol Immunol 3:351-8. 2006..Thus, in this scenario, RAGE may play a prominent role in the regulation of cellular homeostasis in the context of complex disease progression...
- RAGE signaling in inflammation and arterial agingLi Lin
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Sciences, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland, 21224, USA
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 14:1403-13. 2009..This review attempts to provide a comprehensive summary on both recent findings and missing pieces of the RAGE puzzle...
- The N-glycoform of sRAGE is the key determinant for its therapeutic efficacy to attenuate injury-elicited arterial inflammation and neointimal growthHyun Jin Tae
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, National Institute on Aging, 251 Bayview Boulevard, Baltimore, MD, 21224, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 91:1369-81. 2013..Our findings showed that the N-glycoform of sRAGE is the key determinant underlying its bioactivity and thus is an important glycobioengineering target to develop a highly potent therapeutic sRAGE for future clinical applications...
- GeneOptimizer program-assisted cDNA reengineering enhances sRAGE autologous expression in Chinese hamster ovary cellsWen Wei
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Sciences, National Institute on Aging, NIH, 251 Bayview Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21224, United States
Protein Expr Purif 95:143-8. 2014..We found that the enhanced expression appeared not to affect sRAGE N-glycosylation and bioactivity. Optimization of sRAGE expression provides a basis for future large-scale production of this protein to meet medical needs. ..
- A p105-based inhibitor broadly represses NF-kappa B activitiesDexue Fu
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 279:12819-26. 2004..Our results suggest that p105(sr) is a broader range and effective NF-kappaB super repressor and can potentially be used in cells where a noncanonical NF-kappaB activity is dominant or multiple NF-kappaB activities are activated...
- Design, generation, and testing of mammalian expression modules that tag membrane proteinsJohn Pang
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Sciences, National Institute on Aging, National Institute of Health, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Protein Sci 18:1261-71. 2009..Thus, the designed modules serve as an effective tool that facilitates biochemical studies of membrane proteins...
- VEGF is upregulated by hypoxia-induced mitogenic factor via the PI-3K/Akt-NF-kappaB signaling pathwayQiangsong Tong
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Respir Res 7:37. 2006..In this study, we investigated the mechanisms which HIMF enhances expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in lung tissues and epithelial cells...
- Disulfide bonds within the C2 domain of RAGE play key roles in its dimerization and biogenesisWen Wei
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e50736. 2012....
- Stability of the Rel homology domain is critical for generation of NF-kappa B p50 subunitLi Lin
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 278:31479-85. 2003..Our findings highlight the critical role of the unique structure of the RHD for the survival of p50 during proteosomal processing...
- Participation of the PI-3K/Akt-NF-kappa B signaling pathways in hypoxia-induced mitogenic factor-stimulated Flk-1 expression in endothelial cellsQiangsong Tong
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Respir Res 7:101. 2006..In present work, we tested whether HIMF modulates expression of fetal liver kinase-1 (Flk-1) in endothelial cells, and dissected the possible signaling pathways that link HIMF to Flk-1 upregulation...
- Hypoxia-induced mitogenic factor promotes vascular adhesion molecule-1 expression via the PI-3K/Akt-NF-kappaB signaling pathwayQiangsong Tong
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine, Saint Louis University, 7th Floor, Desloge Towers, MO 63110 2539, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:444-56. 2006..Our findings connect HIMF to signaling pathways that regulate inflammation, and thus reveal the critical roles that HIMF plays in lung inflammation...
- Dendritic cells from lupus-prone mice are defective in repressing immunoglobulin secretionMileka R Gilbert
Department of Microbiology Immunology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Immunol 178:4803-10. 2007..Collectively, the data show that MRL/lpr mice are defective in DC/IL-6-mediated tolerance, but that some individuals maintain the ability to repress autoantibody secretion by an alternative mechanism...