Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Midterm results of transapical aortic valve replacement via real-time magnetic resonance imaging guidanceKeith A Horvath
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health the Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:424-30. 2010..To assist the surgeon and improve the success of the operation, we have performed transapical aortic valve replacements using real-time magnetic resonance imaging guidance...
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery: transapical aortic valve replacementMing Li
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg 10, B1D47, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Minim Invasive Surg 2012:145381. 2012..Ex vivo experimentation results indicate that a robotic system can also be employed in in vivo models...
- Robotic system for transapical aortic valve replacement with MRI guidanceMing Li
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 11:476-84. 2008..Preliminary evaluation of the parameters of the robotic system demonstrates it can provide sufficient capability to successfully assist the surgeon...
- Pneumatic actuated robotic assistant system for aortic valve replacement under MRI guidanceMing Li
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 58:443-51. 2011..The system provides different user interfaces at various stages of the procedure. We present the development and evaluation of the components and the system in ex-vivo experiments...
- Transapical aortic valve replacement under real-time magnetic resonance imaging guidance: experimental results with balloon-expandable and self-expanding stentsKeith A Horvath
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 39:822-8. 2011..Whether there are different advantages to SE or BE stents is unknown. We report rtMRI-guided tAVI in a porcine model using both SE and BE stents, and compare the differences between the stents...
- Real-time interactive MRI-guided cardiac surgery: aortic valve replacement using a direct apical approachElliot R McVeigh
Laboratory of Cardiac Energetics, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1061, USA
Magn Reson Med 56:958-64. 2006..MRI-guided beating-heart surgery may provide patients with a less morbid and more durable solution to structural heart disease...
- Real-time magnetic resonance imaging guidance for cardiovascular proceduresKeith A Horvath
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Program, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NHLBI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 19:330-5. 2007..Instruments and devices can be marked to enhance visualization and tracking, all of which is an advance over standard X-ray or ultrasonic imaging...