Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Intron-exon structure of ubiquitin c-terminal hydrolase-L1E Leroy
Genetic Disease Research Branch, NHGRI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
DNA Res 5:397-400. 1998
- Genomic organization and expression of the human beta-synuclein gene (SNCB)C Lavedan
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Genomics 54:173-5. 1998....
- Identification, localization and characterization of the human gamma-synuclein geneC Lavedan
Laboratory of Genetic Disease Research, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Genet 103:106-12. 1998..The gamma-synuclein gene, also known as BCSG1, was recently found to be overexpressed in advanced infiltrating carcinoma of the breast. Our survey of the EST database indicated that it might also be overexpressed in an ovarian tumor...
- Absence of mutation in the beta- and gamma-synuclein genes in familial autosomal dominant Parkinson's diseaseC Lavedan
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
DNA Res 5:401-2. 1998
- Mutation in the alpha-synuclein gene identified in families with Parkinson's diseaseM H Polymeropoulos
Laboratory of Genetic Disease Research, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1430, USA
Science 276:2045-7. 1997..This finding of a specific molecular alteration associated with PD will facilitate the detailed understanding of the pathophysiology of the disorder...
- Mapping of the gene (NRAP) encoding N-RAP in the mouse and human genomesG Luo
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Genomics 45:229-32. 1997..Comparative analysis of the mouse and human genomes indicates that the NRAP gene is located in regions of conserved synteny between the two species...
- The ubiquitin pathway in Parkinson's diseaseE Leroy
Nature 395:451-2. 1998
- Mutation screening of the Wolfram syndrome gene in psychiatric patientsR Torres
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Pharmacogenetics, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Mol Psychiatry 6:39-43. 2001..None of the psychiatric patients screened in this study carried these types of mutations. We identified, however, 24 new variations whose significance remains to be determined...
- Genetic analysis of families with Parkinson disease that carry the Ala53Thr mutation in the gene encoding alpha-synucleinA Athanassiadou
Am J Hum Genet 65:555-8. 1999
- Novel gene transcripts preferentially expressed in human muscles revealed by quantitative hybridization of a high density cDNA arrayG Pietu
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UPR 420, Villejuif, France
Genome Res 6:492-503. 1996..All these genes have been registered in the Genexpress Index, such that sequence, map, and expression data can be used to decipher their role in the physiology and pathology of human muscles...
- Occurrence of hepatitis viruses in wild-born non-human primates: a 3 year (1998-2001) epidemiological survey in GabonM Makuwa
Centre International de Recherches Medicales, Franceville, Gabon
J Med Primatol 32:307-14. 2003..9% wild-born and 8.3% at CIRMF harboured HBV-DNA despite the presence of neutralizing HbsAb. Together with previous findings, we confirm the high HBV prevalence not only in humans but also in chimpanzees and gorillas in Gabon and Congo...