Kathi A Lefebvre
Affiliation: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Characterization of intracellular and extracellular saxitoxin levels in both field and cultured Alexandrium spp. samples from Sequim Bay, WashingtonKathi A Lefebvre
NOAA Fisheries, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, Marine Biotoxins Program, 2725 Montlake Blvd East, Seattle, WA, 98112, USA
Mar Drugs 6:103-16. 2008..7% of the total PSTs present. Collectively, these data confirm that extracellular PSTs are present during blooms of Alexandrium spp. in the Sequim Bay region...
- A novel antibody-based biomarker for chronic algal toxin exposure and sub-acute neurotoxicityKathi A Lefebvre
Exposure Assessment and Biomedical Models, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, NOAA, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36213. 2012....
- Centers for Oceans and Human Health: a unified approach to the challenge of harmful algal bloomsDeana L Erdner
University of Texas Marine Science Institute, Port Aransas, TX 78373, USA
Environ Health 7:S2. 2008....
- From sanddabs to blue whales: the pervasiveness of domoic acidKathi A Lefebvre
Biology Department, University of California at Santa Cruz UCSC, 95064, USA
Toxicon 40:971-7. 2002..Fish as diverse as benthic sanddabs and pelagic albacore were found to contain the neurotoxin, suggesting that DA permeates benthic as well as pelagic communities...
- Morphological abnormalities and sensorimotor deficits in larval fish exposed to dissolved saxitoxinKathi A Lefebvre
Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration, 2725 Montlake Blvd E, Seattle, WA 98112, USA
Aquat Toxicol 66:159-70. 2004..Dissolved algal toxins may therefore have important sublethal effects on vulnerable species of fish...
- Domoic acid and human exposure risks: a reviewKathi A Lefebvre
NOAA Fisheries, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, Marine Biotoxins Program, 2725 Montlake Blvd East, Seattle, WA 98112, United States
Toxicon 56:218-30. 2010..The importance of investigating the potential human health impacts of long-term low-level domoic acid exposure in "at risk" human populations is also discussed...
- Gene expression profiles in zebrafish brain after acute exposure to domoic acid at symptomatic and asymptomatic dosesKathi A Lefebvre
Marine Biotoxins Program, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NOAA Fisheries Northwest Fisheries Science Center, 2725 Montlake Boulevard East, Seattle, Washington 98125, USA
Toxicol Sci 107:65-77. 2009..These data provide a basis for identifying pathways of DA-induced injury as well as biomarkers of asymptomatic and symptomatic DA exposure levels...
- Comparative determination of paralytic shellfish toxins (PSTs) using five different toxin detection methods in shellfish species collected in the Aleutian Islands, AlaskaPedro Reis Costa
NOAA Fisheries, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, Marine Biotoxins Program, Seattle, WA 98112, USA
Toxicon 54:313-20. 2009....
- Uptake, tissue distribution and excretion of domoic acid after oral exposure in coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch)Kathi A Lefebvre
NOAA Fisheries, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, Environmental Conservation Division, Marine Biotoxins Program, 2725 Montlake Blvd East, Seattle, WA 98112, USA
Aquat Toxicol 81:266-74. 2007..Here, we comprehensively describe the uptake, depuration, and tissue distribution patterns of DA and propose that renal and biliary processes may serve as primary routes of toxin clearance in fish...