Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Lan Q, Zheng T, Shen M, Zhang Y, Wang S, Zahm S, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in the oxidative stress pathway and susceptibility to non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Hum Genet. 2007;121:161-8 pubmed..013), but was also associated with non-significant increased risks for each of the common B-cell histologies. These results suggest that SNPs in genes related to the oxidative stress pathway may be associated with increased risk of NHL. ..
- Lan Q, Zhang L, Shen M, Jo W, Vermeulen R, Li G, et al. Large-scale evaluation of candidate genes identifies associations between DNA repair and genomic maintenance and development of benzene hematotoxicity. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:50-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SNPs involved in DNA repair and genomic maintenance, with particular clustering in the homologous DNA recombination pathway, play an important role in benzene-induced hematotoxicity. ..
- Lan Q, Morton L, Armstrong B, Hartge P, Menashe I, Zheng T, et al. Genetic variation in caspase genes and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a pooled analysis of 3 population-based case-control studies. Blood. 2009;114:264-7 pubmed publisher..It is noteworthy that genetic variants in CASP8 were associated with risk of all major NHL subtypes. Our findings suggest that genetic variation in caspases may play an important role in lymphomagenesis. ..
- Lan Q, Cawthon R, Shen M, Weinstein S, Virtamo J, Lim U, et al. A prospective study of telomere length measured by monochrome multiplex quantitative PCR and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:7429-33 pubmed publisher..003], and this association was similar across the most common non-Hodgkin lymphoma subtypes present in this study. These results suggest that longer telomere length may be a potential predictor for future risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. ..
- Lan Q, Zhang L, Tang X, Shen M, Smith M, Qiu C, et al. Occupational exposure to trichloroethylene is associated with a decline in lymphocyte subsets and soluble CD27 and CD30 markers. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1592-6 pubmed publisher..Given that altered immunity is an established risk factor for NHL, these results add to the biologic plausibility that TCE is a possible lymphomagen...
- Lan Q, Au W, Chanock S, Tse J, Wong K, Shen M, et al. Genetic susceptibility for chronic lymphocytic leukemia among Chinese in Hong Kong. Eur J Haematol. 2010;85:492-5 pubmed publisher..5%) lower in the Chinese population compared with Caucasians. These results suggest that variants in three loci may contribute to risk of CLL among Chinese. ..
- Lan Q, Cawthon R, Gao Y, Hu W, Hosgood H, Barone Adesi F, et al. Longer telomere length in peripheral white blood cells is associated with risk of lung cancer and the rs2736100 (CLPTM1L-TERT) polymorphism in a prospective cohort study among women in China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59230 pubmed publisher..030). Our findings suggest that individuals with longer telomere length in peripheral white blood cells may have an increased risk of lung cancer, but require replication in additional prospective cohorts and populations. ..