Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Anticipation of play elicits high-frequency ultrasonic vocalizations in young ratsB Knutson
Laboratory of Clinical Sciences, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1610, USA
J Comp Psychol 112:65-73. 1998..Although play deprivation enhanced high USVs, an arousing but aversive stimulus (bright light) reduced them. Taken together, these findings suggest that high USVs may index an appetitive motivation to play in juvenile rats...
- High-frequency ultrasonic vocalizations index conditioned pharmacological reward in ratsB Knutson
Laboratory of Clinical Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Bethesda, MD 20892 1610, USA
Physiol Behav 66:639-43. 1999..These findings support the hypothesis that 50-kHz USVs mark a positive affective state in rats and introduce a novel and rapid marker of pharmacological reward...
- Anticipation of increasing monetary reward selectively recruits nucleus accumbensB Knutson
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1610, USA
J Neurosci 21:RC159. 2001..These findings suggest that whereas other striatal areas may code for expected incentive magnitude, a region in the NAcc codes for expected positive incentive value...
- Nucleus accumbens amphetamine microinjections unconditionally elicit 50-kHz ultrasonic vocalizations in ratsJ Burgdorf
Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, USA
Behav Neurosci 115:940-4. 2001..These findings indicate that NAcc AMPH microinjections selectively evoke 50-kHz USVs in rats, supporting the notion that dopamine elevations in the NAcc may unconditionally elicit a state of reward anticipation...
- Dissociation of reward anticipation and outcome with event-related fMRIB Knutson
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, 20892-1610, USA
Neuroreport 12:3683-7. 2001..These findings suggest that reward anticipation and outcomes may differentially recruit distinct regions that lie along the trajectory of ascending dopamine projections...
- Negative association of neuroticism with brain volume ratio in healthy humansB Knutson
Laboratory of Clinical Studies, Section on Brain Imaging and Electrophysiology, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-1610, USA
Biol Psychiatry 50:685-90. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that individual differences in stress reactivity contribute to reductions in brain volume observed during adulthood...