K L Kimbrough
Affiliation: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Assessment of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon input to urban wetlands in relation to adjacent land useK L Kimbrough
School of Marine Science, College of William and Mary, VA 23062, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 52:1355-63. 2006..Overall, commercial land uses had the highest PAH concentrations and automotive sources dominated (52-69%) PAH input to wetland surface sediments irrespective of adjacent land use...
- Chemical contamination assessment of the Hudson-Raritan Estuary as a result of the attacks on the World Trade Center: analysis of trace elementsK L Kimbrough
National Status and Trends Program, NOAA N SCI1, 1305 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 60:2289-96. 2010..Post-attack trace element measurements were not significantly different from pre-attack measurements. The impacts of WTC collapse may have been obscured by high ambient levels of trace elements in the HRE...
- Chemical contamination assessment of Gulf of Mexico oysters in response to hurricanes Katrina and RitaW E Johnson
Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment, NOAA NCCOS, 1305 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Environ Monit Assess 150:211-25. 2009..In general, levels of metals in oyster tissue were higher then pre- hurricane levels while organic contaminants were at or near record lows. No contaminant reported here exceeded the FDA action level for food safety...
- Chemical contamination of the Hudson-Raritan Estuary as a result of the attack on the World Trade Center: analysis of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and polychlorinated biphenyls in mussels and sedimentG G Lauenstein
National Status and Trends Program, NOAA N SCI1, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 54:284-94. 2007..Elevated background levels of PCBs and PAHs in mussel tissue and sediments were high enough before the WTC attack that concentrations were not measurably changed by WTC derived contaminant input...
- Assessment of trace elements and legacy contaminant concentrations in California Mussels (Mytilus spp.): Relationship to land use and outfallsM Edwards
NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science, 1305 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 81:325-33. 2014..The findings of this study will help fine tune future regional and national assessments as well as guide development of resource management and remediation activities and programs. ..