Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Chemotherapeutic options for primary brain tumorsLyndon Kim
Neuro Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute and National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bloch Building 82, 9030 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 7:467-78. 2006..Clinical trials implementing angiogenesis inhibitors, biologic modifiers, or molecular-targeted therapies are also actively being investigated...
- Phase 2 trial of talampanel, a glutamate receptor inhibitor, for adults with recurrent malignant gliomasFabio M Iwamoto
Neuro Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer 116:1776-82. 2010..Talampanel is an oral AMPA receptor inhibitor with excellent central nervous system penetration and good tolerability in clinical trials for epilepsy and other neurologic disorders...
- A phase I/II trial of enzastaurin in patients with recurrent high-grade gliomasTeri N Kreisl
Neuro Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, 9030 Old Georgetown Road, Bloch Bldg 82, Room 225, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:181-9. 2010..Enzastaurin has anti-glioma activity in patients with recurrent high-grade glioma, but does not appear to have enough single-agent activity to be useful as monotherapy...
- A phase I trial of lenalidomide in patients with recurrent primary central nervous system tumorsHoward A Fine
Neuro Oncology Branch and Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:7101-6. 2007....
- Phase II trial of single-agent bevacizumab followed by bevacizumab plus irinotecan at tumor progression in recurrent glioblastomaTeri N Kreisl
Neuro Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8200, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:740-5. 2009..To evaluate single-agent activity of bevacizumab in patients with recurrent glioblastoma...
- A phase I trial of enzastaurin in patients with recurrent gliomasTeri N Kreisl
Neuro Oncology Branch and Biometric Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Neurological Disorder and Stroke, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3617-23. 2009..Prior phase I studies did not show increased drug exposures with escalating once daily administration. Limits from gastrointestinal absorption may be overcome by twice daily dosing, potentially improving antitumor effects...
- Cytotoxic chemotherapeutic management of newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiformeCamilo E Fadul
Neuro Oncology Program, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH, USA
J Neurooncol 89:339-57. 2008