Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Topiramate in chronic lumbar radicular painSuzan Khoromi
Pain and Neurosensory Mechanisms Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda, MD 20892 1302, USA
J Pain 6:829-36. 2005..We would not recommend topiramate unless studies of alternative regimens showed a better therapeutic ratio...
- Effects of chronic osteoarthritis pain on neuroendocrine function in menSuzan Khoromi
Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, Division of Intramural Research, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1302, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4313-8. 2006..Most endocrine studies have been conducted in patients in whom the potentially confounding effects of depression, inflammatory disease, or coexistent medication use have not been controlled...
- Morphine, nortriptyline and their combination vs. placebo in patients with chronic lumbar root painSuzan Khoromi
Section on Developmental Genetic Epidemiology, National Institute of Mental Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892 3720, USA
Pain 130:66-75. 2007..Within the limitations of the modest sample size and high dropout rate, these results suggest that nortriptyline, morphine and their combination may have limited effectiveness in the treatment of chronic sciatica...
- Low intensity permanent magnets in the treatment of chronic lumbar radicular painSuzan Khoromi
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, 35 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 34:434-45. 2007..Although these data cannot rule out a chance effect, the positive trends suggest that larger, longer-duration, sham-controlled trials with 200G magnets be considered in patients with chronic lumbar radicular pain...
- Headache and biomarkers predictive of vascular disease in a representative sample of US childrenKarin B Nelson
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bldg 31, Room 8A03, Bethesda, MD 20892 2450, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:358-62. 2010..To examine the association of childhood headache disorders with markers of risk for cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease...
- Magnitude, impact, and stability of primary headache subtypes: 30 year prospective Swiss cohort studyKathleen R Merikangas
National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, Intramural Research Program, Genetic Epidemiology Research Branch, Bethesda, MD 20892 3720, USA
BMJ 343:d5076. 2011..To determine the prevalence, impact, and stability of different subtypes of headache in a 30 year prospective follow-up study of a general population sample...