Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- An orthotopic model of murine osteosarcoma with clonally related variants differing in pulmonary metastatic potentialC Khanna
Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 18:261-71. 2000..This well characterized and relevant model of OSA will be a valuable resource to improve our understanding of the biology and treatment of metastasis in OSA...
- Protein kinase C regulates ezrin-radixin-moesin phosphorylation in canine osteosarcoma cellsS H Hong
Tumor and Metastasis Biology Section, Pediatric Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vet Comp Oncol 9:207-18. 2011..Finally, both ezrin phosphorylation and cell migration were inhibited using a PKC inhibitor. These data suggest that an association between PKC-mediated activation of ezrin and the metastatic phenotype in canine OS cells...
- The actin-cytoskeleton linker protein ezrin is regulated during osteosarcoma metastasis by PKCL Ren
Tumor and Metastasis Biology Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 28:792-802. 2009..These data are the first to suggest a dynamic regulation of ezrin phosphorylation during metastasis and to connect the PKC family members with this regulation...
- Metastasis-associated differences in gene expression in a murine model of osteosarcomaC Khanna
Pediatric Oncology, National Cancer Institute, and Cancer Genetics Branch, Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 61:3750-9. 2001..This work represents a rationale approach to the evaluation of microarray data and will be useful to identify genes that may be causally associated with metastasis...
- Beta4 integrin promotes osteosarcoma metastasis and interacts with ezrinX Wan
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1928, USA
Oncogene 28:3401-11. 2009..These data begin to integrate ezrin and beta4 integrin expression into a model of action for the mechanism of osteosarcoma metastases...
- A review of the association between osteosarcoma metastasis and protein translationT S Osborne
Tumor and Metastasis Biology Section, Pediatric Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Comp Pathol 146:132-42. 2012..A comparative perspective on the problem of OS metastasis that utilizes a cross-species approach may offer unique opportunities to assist in this prioritization and generate new hypotheses related to this important clinical problem...
- Hypomagnesemia in 188 dogs: a hospital population-based prevalence studyC Khanna
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul, USA
J Vet Intern Med 12:304-9. 1998..9), a diagnosis of cardiovascular disease (P < .02; OR = 1.9); and being a Collie (P < .02; OR = 3.9) or German Shepherd Dog (P < .002; OR = 2.2). These results can be used to better understand and predict hypomagnesemia in dogs...
- Loss-of-function screen in rhabdomyosarcoma identifies CRKL-YES as a critical signal for tumor growthC L Yeung
Pediatric Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Oncogene 32:5429-38. 2013..This study also demonstrates the use of functional screening to identify a potentially novel therapeutic target and treatment approach for these highly aggressive pediatric cancers. ..
- Spontaneous and genetically engineered animal models; use in preclinical cancer drug developmentK Hansen
Comparative Oncology Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Eur J Cancer 40:858-80. 2004..Examples of their successful use and an outline of their relative strengths and weaknesses will be provided...