Genomes and Genes
Sid P Kerkar
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Tumor-specific CD8+ T cells expressing interleukin-12 eradicate established cancers in lymphodepleted hostsSid P Kerkar
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Res 70:6725-34. 2010..Our findings reveal an approach to genetically modify T cells to reduce the cell number needed, eliminate the need for vaccines or systemic IL-2, and improve immunotherapy efficacy based on adoptive transfer of gene-engineered T cells...
- Cellular constituents of immune escape within the tumor microenvironmentSid P Kerkar
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 72:3125-30. 2012..A better understanding of the cellular constituents of tumors and the mechanisms involved in immune evasion may help guide the next generation of innovative cancer immunotherapies...
- IL-12 triggers a programmatic change in dysfunctional myeloid-derived cells within mouse tumorsSid P Kerkar
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1502, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4746-57. 2011....
- The GYMSSA trial: a prospective randomized trial comparing gastrectomy, metastasectomy plus systemic therapy versus systemic therapy aloneSid P Kerkar
Surgery Branch, CCR, NCI, Bethesda, MD, USA
Trials 10:121. 2009..Several case reports and small studies have documented evidence of long-term survival in select individuals who undergo CHPP for MGC...
- Th17 cells are long lived and retain a stem cell-like molecular signaturePawel Muranski
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 35:972-85. 2011..Thus, Th17 cells are not always short lived and are a less-differentiated subset capable of superior persistence and functionality...
- Determinants of successful CD8+ T-cell adoptive immunotherapy for large established tumors in miceChristopher A Klebanoff
Center for Cancer Research CCR, National Cancer Institute NCI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5343-52. 2011..However, the relative contributions of each these individual components to the magnitude of the antitumor response have yet to be quantified...
- Improving adoptive T cell therapy by targeting and controlling IL-12 expression to the tumor environmentLing Zhang
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Ther 19:751-9. 2011..Notably, this targeted and controlled IL-12 treatment was without toxicity. Taken together, our results suggest that using the NFAT.hIL12.PA2 vector might be a promising approach to enhance adoptive cancer immunotherapy...
- Genetic engineering of murine CD8+ and CD4+ T cells for preclinical adoptive immunotherapy studiesSid P Kerkar
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunother 34:343-52. 2011..These results indicate that preclinical murine models of adoptive immunotherapies are more practical using γ-retroviral rather than lentiviral vectors...
- Collapse of the tumor stroma is triggered by IL-12 induction of FasSid P Kerkar
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mol Ther 21:1369-77. 2013....
- Local delivery of interleukin-12 using T cells targeting VEGF receptor-2 eradicates multiple vascularized tumors in miceDhanalakshmi Chinnasamy
National Cancer Institute, Clinical Research Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1672-83. 2012..We investigated the feasibility of delivering the proinflammatory cytokine interleukin (IL)-12 into tumor using T cells genetically engineered to express a chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) against the VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR-2)...
- Human effector CD8+ T cells derived from naive rather than memory subsets possess superior traits for adoptive immunotherapyChristian S Hinrichs
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 117:808-14. 2011..Thus, these data suggest that naive cells resist terminal differentiation, or "exhaustion," maintain high replicative potential, and therefore may be the superior subset for use in adoptive immunotherapy...
- Liver resections in metastatic gastric cancerSid P Kerkar
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:589-96. 2010..This review examines the published data on liver resections for MGC and analyses the rationale for potentially aggressive surgical management...
- Ocular and systemic autoimmunity after successful tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte immunotherapy for recurrent, metastatic melanomaSteven Yeh
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Ophthalmology 116:981-989.e1. 2009..To describe the ophthalmic and systemic autoimmune findings after successful adoptive cell transfer of ex vivo expanded, autologous tumor-reactive tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for metastatic melanoma...
- Akt inhibition enhances expansion of potent tumor-specific lymphocytes with memory cell characteristicsJoseph G Crompton
National Cancer Institute NCI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland Department of Surgery, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 75:296-305. 2015..Pharmacologic inhibition of Akt represents a novel immunometabolomic approach to enhance the persistence of antitumor T cells and improve the efficacy of cell-based immunotherapy for metastatic cancer...
- Timing and intensity of exposure to interferon-γ critically determines the function of monocyte-derived dendritic cellsSid P Kerkar
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Immunology 143:96-108. 2014..Timing and intensity of exposure to IFN-γ can therefore determine the functional capacity of moDC. ..
- The power and pitfalls of IL-12Sid P Kerkar
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and National Cancer Institute
Blood 119:4096-7. 2012..1 These exciting findings significantly extend previous observations made in a murine melanoma model targeting naturally occurring tumor antigens.2,3..