Genomes and Genes
Sid P Kerkar
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Tumor-specific CD8+ T cells expressing interleukin-12 eradicate established cancers in lymphodepleted hostsSid P Kerkar
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Res 70:6725-34. 2010..Our findings reveal an approach to genetically modify T cells to reduce the cell number needed, eliminate the need for vaccines or systemic IL-2, and improve immunotherapy efficacy based on adoptive transfer of gene-engineered T cells...
- Cellular constituents of immune escape within the tumor microenvironmentSid P Kerkar
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 72:3125-30. 2012..A better understanding of the cellular constituents of tumors and the mechanisms involved in immune evasion may help guide the next generation of innovative cancer immunotherapies...
- The GYMSSA trial: a prospective randomized trial comparing gastrectomy, metastasectomy plus systemic therapy versus systemic therapy aloneSid P Kerkar
Surgery Branch, CCR, NCI, Bethesda, MD, USA
Trials 10:121. 2009..Surgeries and followup will be done at the NCI, and chemotherapy will be given by either the local oncologist or the medical oncology branch at NCI. TRIAL REGISTRATION: ClinicalTrials.gov ID. NCT00941655...
- IL-12 triggers a programmatic change in dysfunctional myeloid-derived cells within mouse tumorsSid P Kerkar
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1502, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4746-57. 2011....
- Th17 cells are long lived and retain a stem cell-like molecular signaturePawel Muranski
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 35:972-85. 2011..Thus, Th17 cells are not always short lived and are a less-differentiated subset capable of superior persistence and functionality...
- Determinants of successful CD8+ T-cell adoptive immunotherapy for large established tumors in miceChristopher A Klebanoff
Center for Cancer Research CCR, National Cancer Institute NCI, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5343-52. 2011..However, the relative contributions of each these individual components to the magnitude of the antitumor response have yet to be quantified...
- Improving adoptive T cell therapy by targeting and controlling IL-12 expression to the tumor environmentLing Zhang
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Ther 19:751-9. 2011..Notably, this targeted and controlled IL-12 treatment was without toxicity. Taken together, our results suggest that using the NFAT.hIL12.PA2 vector might be a promising approach to enhance adoptive cancer immunotherapy...
- Genetic engineering of murine CD8+ and CD4+ T cells for preclinical adoptive immunotherapy studiesSid P Kerkar
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunother 34:343-52. 2011..These results indicate that preclinical murine models of adoptive immunotherapies are more practical using γ-retroviral rather than lentiviral vectors...
- Local delivery of interleukin-12 using T cells targeting VEGF receptor-2 eradicates multiple vascularized tumors in miceDhanalakshmi Chinnasamy
National Cancer Institute, Clinical Research Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1672-83. 2012..We investigated the feasibility of delivering the proinflammatory cytokine interleukin (IL)-12 into tumor using T cells genetically engineered to express a chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) against the VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR-2)...
- Human effector CD8+ T cells derived from naive rather than memory subsets possess superior traits for adoptive immunotherapyChristian S Hinrichs
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 117:808-14. 2011..Thus, these data suggest that naive cells resist terminal differentiation, or "exhaustion," maintain high replicative potential, and therefore may be the superior subset for use in adoptive immunotherapy...
- Liver resections in metastatic gastric cancerSid P Kerkar
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:589-96. 2010..This review examines the published data on liver resections for MGC and analyses the rationale for potentially aggressive surgical management...
- Ocular and systemic autoimmunity after successful tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte immunotherapy for recurrent, metastatic melanomaSteven Yeh
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Ophthalmology 116:981-989.e1. 2009..To describe the ophthalmic and systemic autoimmune findings after successful adoptive cell transfer of ex vivo expanded, autologous tumor-reactive tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for metastatic melanoma...
- The power and pitfalls of IL-12Sid P Kerkar
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and National Cancer Institute
Blood 119:4096-7. 2012..1 These exciting findings significantly extend previous observations made in a murine melanoma model targeting naturally occurring tumor antigens.2,3..