G J Kelloff
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Agents, biomarkers, and cohorts for chemopreventive agent development in prostate cancerG J Kelloff
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Urology 57:46-51. 2001..Cohort selection should be based on various patient characteristics (stage of the disease, previous cancers or premalignant lesions, or high risk factors) and should be conducted within the context of standard treatment...
- Progress in cancer chemopreventionG J Kelloff
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 889:1-13. 1999..g., local delivery to cancer targets, agent combinations, and pharmacodynamically guided dosing)...
- Development of new cancer chemoprevention agents: role of pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic and intermediate endpoint biomarker monitoringR Lieberman
Chemoprevention Branch, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Clin Chem 44:420-7. 1998..g., laser capture microdissection and cDNA chip microarrays that assess gene expression patterns of precancerous and cancerous lesions...
- Chemopreventive efficacy of anethole trithione, N-acetyl-L-cysteine, miconazole and phenethylisothiocyanate in the DMBA-induced rat mammary cancer modelR A Lubet
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Bethesda, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 72:95-101. 1997..Surprisingly, treatment with DMBA plus PEITC, a potent inhibitor of cytochrome P450 2E1, actually increased the multiplicity of tumors relative to that observed with DMBA alone...
- Potential use of lipoxygenase inhibitors for cancer chemopreventionV E Steele
Chemopreventive Agent Development Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 9:2121-38. 2000..Based on currently available data, it is expected that the prevention of lung and prostate cancer will be initially studied in human trials of LO inhibitors...
- Cancer chemoprevention: progress and promiseG J Kelloff
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Eur J Cancer 35:2031-8. 1999..The large number of chemoprevention research programmes now ongoing ensures that the promise of chemoprevention will continue to be realised in the next decade...
- Comparative chemopreventive mechanisms of green tea, black tea and selected polyphenol extracts measured by in vitro bioassaysV E Steele
Chemoprevention Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:63-7. 2000..Such anticancer mechanisms may well be responsible for the cancer preventive efficacies seen in both experimental and human studies...
- Chemopreventive effects of the aromatase inhibitor vorozole (R 83842) in the methylnitrosourea-induced mammary cancer modelR A Lubet
NCI DCP, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 19:1345-51. 1998..Although this intermittent treatment did inhibit the appearance of new tumors during each of the periods that vorozole was administered, it did not cause regression of palpable cancers...
- Surrogate end-point biomarkers in chemopreventive drug developmentG J Kelloff
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention, Bethesda, MD 20892-7322, USA
IARC Sci Publ 154:13-26. 2001....
- I-SPY 2: an adaptive breast cancer trial design in the setting of neoadjuvant chemotherapyA D Barker
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 86:97-100. 2009....