Genomes and Genes
F J Kaye
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- A family of ubiquitin-like proteins binds the ATPase domain of Hsp70-like StchF J Kaye
Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute and National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
FEBS Lett 467:348-55. 2000..These findings extend the association between Hsp70 members and genes encoding UbL sequences and suggest a broader role for the Hsp70-like ATPase family in regulating cell cycle and cell death events...
- Mect1-Maml2 fusion oncogene linked to the aberrant activation of cyclic AMP/CREB regulated genesAmy Coxon
Genetics Branch and Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute and the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Cancer Res 65:7137-44. 2005....
- A study of MECT1-MAML2 in mucoepidermoid carcinoma and Warthin's tumor of salivary glandsCarmo Martins
Departamento de Patologia Morfologica, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia, Rua Prof Lima Basto, 1099 023 Lisboa, Portugal
J Mol Diagn 6:205-10. 2004..We have demonstrated that ISH and RT-PCR are sensitive methods for detecting MECT1-MAML2 in MEC. In contrast, we did not detect the t(11;19) nor MECT1-MAML2 expression in seven cases of WT...
- Emerging biology of malignant salivary gland tumors offers new insights into the classification and treatment of mucoepidermoid cancerFrederic J Kaye
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3878-81. 2006
- RB and cyclin dependent kinase pathways: defining a distinction between RB and p16 loss in lung cancerFrederic J Kaye
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, NIH and National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Oncogene 21:6908-14. 2002....
- Enhanced activity of the CREB co-activator Crtc1 in LKB1 null lung cancerT Komiya
Genetics Branch, National Cancer Institute and National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
Oncogene 29:1672-80. 2010....
- Partial inactivation of the RB product in a family with incomplete penetrance of familial retinoblastoma and benign retinal tumorsR A Kratzke
NCI Navy Medical Oncology Branch, Bethesda, Maryland
Oncogene 9:1321-6. 1994....
- RET cooperates with RB/p53 inactivation in a somatic multi-step model for murine thyroid cancerA B Coxon
Department of Genetics, National Cancer Institute and National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Oncogene 17:1625-8. 1998....
- Assignment of ubiquilin2 (UBQLN2) to human chromosome xp11. 23-->p11.1 by GeneBridge radiation hybridsF J Kaye
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute and National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 89:116-7. 2000
- Alternative splicing of the RBP1 gene clusters in an internal exon that encodes potential phosphorylation sitesG A Otterson
NCI Navy Oncology Branch, Bethesda, Maryland 20889
Oncogene 8:949-57. 1993..The RBP1 gene encodes a widely expressed 200-kDa nuclear protein and undergoes alternative splicing that predicts a family of RB-binding peptides...
- Inhibition of cyclin D-CDK4/CDK6 activity is associated with an E2F-mediated induction of cyclin kinase inhibitor activityS N Khleif
National Cancer Institute Navy Medical Oncology Branch, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:4350-4. 1996....
- Sustained expression of Mect1-Maml2 is essential for tumor cell growth in salivary gland cancers carrying the t(11;19) translocationT Komiya
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute and National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
Oncogene 25:6128-32. 2006..Our data show that the 'gain-of-function' activity from aberrant Mect1-Maml2 expression is a candidate therapeutic target for this group of malignant salivary gland tumors...
- Transgenic expression of human thymidylate synthase accelerates the development of hyperplasia and tumors in the endocrine pancreasM Chen
Molecular Therapeutics Program, Center for Cancer Research, Bethesda, MD, USA
Oncogene 26:4817-24. 2007....
- A 'core ATPase', Hsp70-like structure is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans STCH proteinsG A Otterson
Genetics Department, NCI Navy Oncology, Naval Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Gene 199:287-92. 1997..The recognition that the truncated 'core ATPase' structure of the STCH molecule is conserved in human, rat, and C. elegans tissues suggests an important role for this unique member of the membrane-bound Hsp70 family...
- Induction of Myc-intron-binding polypeptides MIBP1 and RFX1 during retinoic acid-mediated differentiation of haemopoietic cellsM Zajac-Kaye
Department of Developmental Therapeutics, Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Biochem J 345:535-41. 2000..We also show that the time course of MIBP1 and RFX1 induction is inversely correlated with the down-regulation of c-myc levels during the treatment of HL60 cells with retinoic acid...
- Molecular biology of lung cancerF J Kaye
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute Navy Oncology and National Naval Medical Center, Naval Hospital, Building 8 Room 5105, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Lung Cancer 34:S35-41. 2001..This review will briefly outline some of the tumor suppressor gene pathways that are known or suspected to play an important role in the development of this deadly malignancy...
- Differential specificity for binding of retinoblastoma binding protein 2 to RB, p107, and TATA-binding proteinY W Kim
NCI Navy Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Mol Cell Biol 14:7256-64. 1994....
- New leads suggest a clinically relevant genotype-phenotype relationship for the p53 geneFrederic J Kaye
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:926-7. 2003
- t(11;19)(q21;p13) translocation in mucoepidermoid carcinoma creates a novel fusion product that disrupts a Notch signaling pathwayGiovanni Tonon
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute and the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Nat Genet 33:208-13. 2003..These data suggest a new mechanism to disrupt the function of a Notch co-activator in a common type of malignant salivary gland tumor...
- Ritterazine B, a new cytotoxic natural compound, induces apoptosis in cancer cellsTakefumi Komiya
Division of Medical Oncology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohnohigashi, 589 8511, Osakasayama City, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 51:202-8. 2003..The objective of this study was to determine the cytotoxicity of ritterazine B to non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells in vitro and its effects on the cell cycle and apoptosis...
- A curious link between epidermal growth factor receptor amplification and survival: effect of "allele dilution" on gefitinib sensitivity?Frederic J Kaye
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:621-3. 2005
- Multiple reciprocal translocations in salivary gland mucoepidermoid carcinomasGiovanni Tonon
Genetics Branch, National Cancer Institute, NNMC, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bldg 8, Room 5101, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 152:15-22. 2004..The presence of multiple reciprocal translocations in both benign and malignant salivary gland tumors may also suggest a particular mechanism within mucous or serous glands mediating chromosomal rearrangements...
- EGFR mutations in lung cancer: correlation with clinical response to gefitinib therapyJ Guillermo Paez
Departments of Medical Oncology and Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 304:1497-500. 2004..These results suggest that EGFR mutations may predict sensitivity to gefitinib...
- For whom the bell tolls: susceptibility to common adult cancers in retinoblastoma survivorsFrederic J Kaye
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:342-3. 2004
- CRTC1/MAML2 fusion transcript in high grade mucoepidermoid carcinomas of salivary and thyroid glands and Warthin's tumors: implications for histogenesis and biologic behaviorYamilet Tirado
Department of Pathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:708-15. 2007....
- CRTC1/MAML2 fusion transcript in Warthin's tumor and mucoepidermoid carcinoma: evidence for a common genetic associationDiana Bell
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:309-14. 2008..This article contains Supplementary Material available at http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1045-2257/suppmat...
- Evolutionary conservation of a 2-kb intronic sequence flanking a tissue-specific alternative exon in the PTBP2 geneLambratu Rahman
Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genomics 83:76-84. 2004..The striking conservation of this large segment of flanking intronic sequence suggests an important role in tissue-specific splice site selection and may function in regulating the production of functional nPTB...