Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Posteromedial cortex glutamate and GABA predict intrinsic functional connectivity of the default mode networkDimitrios Kapogiannis
Clinical Research Branch, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, 3001 S Hanover St, Baltimore, MD 21225, USA
Neuroimage 64:112-9. 2013..Age had no independent association with DMN iFC. No other network was associated with PMC glutamate or GABA. We conclude that regional neurotransmitter concentrations in a network node strongly predict network but not global brain iFC...
- Alcohol consumption and premotor corpus callosum in older adultsDimitrios Kapogiannis
National Institute on Aging National Institutes of Health NIA NIH, Clinical Research Branch, 3001 South Hanover St, Baltimore, MD 21225, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 22:704-10. 2012..This finding suggests that even moderate amounts of alcohol may be detrimental to corpus callosum and white matter integrity...
- The five factors of personality and regional cortical variability in the Baltimore longitudinal study of agingDimitrios Kapogiannis
National Institute on Aging National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Branch, Baltimore, Maryland
Hum Brain Mapp 34:2829-40. 2013..Our findings highlight personality-related variation that may be related to individual differences in brain structure that merit additional attention in neuroimaging research...
- Prognostic classification of mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease: MRI independent component analysisAuriel A Willette
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging, Biomedical Research Center, 251 Bayview Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Psychiatry Res 224:81-8. 2014..3% accuracy, respectively, based on cognitive performance measures, ICs, and p-tau(181p). ICA-derived MRI biomarkers achieve excellent diagnostic accuracy for MCI conversion, which is little improved by CSF biomarkers and ApoE ε4 status...
- Disrupted energy metabolism and neuronal circuit dysfunction in cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseDimitrios Kapogiannis
Clinical Research Branch, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Lancet Neurol 10:187-98. 2011..Therapeutic interventions to allay cognitive dysfunction that target energy metabolism and adaptive stress responses (such as neurotrophin signalling) have been effective in animal models and in preliminary studies in humans...