Neal O Jeffries
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Performance of a genetic algorithm for mass spectrometry proteomicsNeal O Jeffries
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 5:180. 2004..To date, no detailed attempts have been made to explore the properties of this genetic algorithm within proteomic applications. Here the algorithm's performance on these datasets is evaluated relative to other methods...
- Algorithms for alignment of mass spectrometry proteomic dataNeal Jeffries
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Bioinformatics 21:3066-73. 2005..RESULTS: The two algorithms were applied to samples drawn from a common pool of reference serum. The results indicate substantial improvement in consistently identifying peptide signals in different samples...
- Multiple comparisons distortions of parameter estimatesNeal O Jeffries
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biostatistics 8:500-4. 2007..This bias is not always present; some principles showing what factors may lead to greater bias are given and a proof of the convergence of the bootstrap distribution is provided...
- Progressive brain volume loss during adolescence in childhood-onset schizophreniaAlexandra L Sporn
Child Psychiatry Branch, NIMH, Bldg 10, Rm 3N202, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:2181-9. 2003..This study examined the rate of loss in cortical gray matter volume in relation to age and clinical status in adolescent patients over a follow-up period of 2-6 years...
- Age is positively associated with high-density lipoprotein cholesterol among African Americans in cross-sectional analysis: the Jackson Heart StudyJane L Harman
Program in Prevention and Population Sciences, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6701 Rockledge Drive, Suite 10018, Bethesda, MD 20982 7936, USA
J Clin Lipidol 5:173-8. 2011..African Americans have historically had high high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) compared with other races and ethnicities...
- Progressive loss of cerebellar volume in childhood-onset schizophreniaAudrey Keller
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Bldg. 10, Rm. 3N 202, Bethesda, MD 20892-1600, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:128-33. 2003..At least in these patients with severe early-onset schizophrenia, the loss appears secondary to a generalized process...
- Corpus callosum development in childhood-onset schizophreniaAudrey Keller
Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 10, Room 3N 202, 10 Center Drive MSC 1600, Bethesda, MD 20892-1600, USA
Schizophr Res 62:105-14. 2003..If replicated, this may reflect anticipated late occipital and extrastriate changes in brain regions...
- Ranking bias in association studiesNeal O Jeffries
Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Hered 67:267-75. 2009..An analytic description of this bias, simulations demonstrating its extent, and identification of some factors leading to its exacerbation are presented...