Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Enhancement of cell proliferation in various mammalian cell lines by gene insertion of a cyclin-dependent kinase homologPratik Jaluria
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Biotechnology Unit, Building 14A, Room 170, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Biotechnol 7:71. 2007....
- Egr1 and Gas6 facilitate the adaptation of HEK-293 cells to serum-free media by conferring enhanced viability and higher growth ratesPratik Jaluria
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Biotechnology Unit, Building 14A, Room 173, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 99:1443-52. 2008..These results indicate that enhanced expression of egr1 or gas6 facilitate adaptation to SFM by improving growth and viability...
- Evaluating microarrays using a semiparametric approach: application to the central carbon metabolism of Escherichia coli BL21 and JM109Je Nie Phue
Biotechnology Unit, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 14A, Room 170, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genomics 89:300-5. 2007..These results further characterized differences between the two E. coli strains and illustrated the potency of the semiparametric algorithm...
- Application of microarrays to identify and characterize genes involved in attachment dependence in HeLa cellsPratik Jaluria
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Metab Eng 9:241-51. 2007..The strategy of applying bioinformatics techniques to characterize and manipulate phenotypic behaviors is a powerful tool for altering the properties of various cell lines for desired biotechnology objectives...
- Cells by design: a mini-review of targeting cell engineering using DNA microarraysPratik Jaluria
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Mol Biotechnol 39:105-11. 2008..In the present work, these and related studies in microorganisms (prokaryote and eukaryote) are examined in greater detail focusing on the approach of using DNA microarrays to direct cellular behavior by targeting select genes...