Genomes and Genes
S B Jakowlew
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Effects of transforming growth factor-beta 1 and phorbol ester on PAI-1 and PA genes in human lung cellsS B Jakowlew
National Cancer Institute, Biomarkers and Prevention Research Branch, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Growth Factors 14:177-97. 1997....
- Enhanced tumorigenesis and reduced transforming growth factor-beta type II receptor in lung tumors from mice with reduced gene dosage of transforming growth factor-beta1Y Kang
Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Mol Carcinog 29:112-26. 2000....
- Concurrent and distinct transcription and translation of transforming growth factor-beta type I and type II receptors in rodent embryogenesisJ M Mariano
National Cancer Institute, Medicine Branch, Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Int J Dev Biol 42:1125-36. 1998..These data show that regulation of TGF-beta1 RI and RII occurs concurrently, but distinctly, in a spatial and temporal manner in rodent embryogenesis which may allow control of signal transduction of TGF-beta during development...
- Identification of differentially expressed nucleolar TGF-beta1 target (DENTT) in human lung cancer cells that is a new member of the TSPY/SET/NAP-1 superfamilyL L Ozbun
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, National Cancer Institute, Medicine Branch, 9610 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Genomics 73:179-93. 2001..TGF-beta1 does not induce DENTT mRNA expression in TGF-beta1 nonresponsive NSCLC cells. Our data suggest that this novel TGF-beta1 target gene has distinct domains for direction to different subnuclear locations...
- Coordinate expression of transforming growth factor-beta1 and adrenomedullin in rodent embryogenesisL M Montuenga
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, National Cancer Institute, Medicine Branch, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Endocrinology 139:3946-57. 1998....
- Reduction in transforming growth factor-beta type II receptor in mouse lung carcinogenesisS B Jakowlew
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Mol Carcinog 22:46-56. 1998..These data suggest that a decrease in expression of TGF-beta RII may contribute to autonomous cell growth and may play an important role in mouse lung carcinogenesis induced by urethane...
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 is a new form of tumor suppressor with true haploid insufficiencyB Tang
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis formerly Laboratory of Chemoprevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5055, USA
Nat Med 4:802-7. 1998....
- Transforming growth factor-beta isoforms in the developing chicken intestine and spleen: increase in transforming growth factor-beta 4 with coccidia infectionS B Jakowlew
National Cancer Institute, Biomarkers and Prevention Research Branch, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 55:321-39. 1997..The results of this study suggest that TGF-beta may play a role in development of the intestine and spleen in the chicken and that TGF-beta 4 in particular increases after infection of coccidia in the chicken...
- Heterozygous inactivation of TGF-beta1 increases the susceptibility to chemically induced mouse lung tumorigenesis independently of mutational activation of K-rasI M McKenna
Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxic Substances, US Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Toxicol Lett 123:151-8. 2001..It appears that the mechanism of enhanced susceptibility of TGF-beta1+/- mice to urethane-induced lung carcinogenesis does not involve selective development of tumors with K-ras mutations...
- Identification and characterization of the chicken transforming growth factor-beta 3 promoterS B Jakowlew
Laboratory of Chemoprevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mol Endocrinol 6:1285-98. 1992....