Genomes and Genes
S V Ivanov
Affiliation: National Cancer Institute
- Down-regulation of transmembrane carbonic anhydrases in renal cell carcinoma cell lines by wild-type von Hippel-Lindau transgenesS V Ivanov
Intramural Research Support Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Laboratory of Immunobiology, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:12596-601. 1998..Additional experiments are needed to define the role of CA IX and CA XII enzymes in the regulation of pH in the extracellular microenvironment and its potential impact on cancer cell growth...
- Expression of hypoxia-inducible cell-surface transmembrane carbonic anhydrases in human cancerS Ivanov
Science Applications International Corporation, Laboratory of Immunobiology, Bldg 560, NCI FCRDC, P O Box B, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Am J Pathol 158:905-19. 2001..Our studies show an important causal link between hypoxia, extracellular acidification, and induction or enhanced expression of these enzymes in human tumors...
- Association, mutual stabilization, and transcriptional activity of the STRA13 and MSP58 proteinsA V Ivanova
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick Inc, NCI Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:471-84. 2005..Thus, we characterize a novel STRA13-associated transcription repression complex and provide a link between cell cycle regulation and STRA13 activity...
- Loss of PL6 protein expression in renal clear cell carcinomas and other VHL-deficient tumoursA V Ivanova
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA
J Pathol 214:46-57. 2008..We hypothesize that loss of a putative PL6 secretory function due to VHL deficiency is an early and important event that may promote tumour initiation and growth...
- Hypoxic repression of STAT1 and its downstream genes by a pVHL/HIF-1 target DEC1/STRA13S V Ivanov
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Oncogene 26:802-12. 2007..Thus, the newly discovered link between HIF-1 and STAT1 reveals a previously unknown role of STRA13 in hypoxia and carcinogenesis...
- Regulation of STRA13 by the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein, hypoxia, and the UBC9/ubiquitin proteasome degradation pathwayA V Ivanova
Laboratory of Immunobiology, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Development Center, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 276:15306-15. 2001..Thus, STRA13, a new pVHL target, is regulated in cells on multiple levels. We propose that STRA13 may play a critical role in carcinogenesis, since it is a potent transcriptional regulator, abundant in a variety of common tumors...
- Gene structure of the human receptor tyrosine kinase RON and mutation analysis in lung cancer samplesD Angeloni
Laboratory of Immunobiology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 29:147-56. 2000..Several single nucleotide polymorphisms were also found. The panel of intron-anchored primers developed in this work will be useful for mutation analysis of the RON gene in different types of human tumors...
- STRA13 interacts with STAT3 and modulates transcription of STAT3-dependent targetsA V Ivanova
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick Inc, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Mol Biol 340:641-53. 2004..Thus, for the first time, we identify STRA13 as a STAT3 partner and provide a consistent line of evidence for STRA13 involvement into regulation of apoptosis via the STAT pathways...
- In silico-initiated cloning and molecular characterization of a novel human member of the L1 gene family of neural cell adhesion moleculesM H Wei
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21702 1201, USA
Hum Genet 103:355-64. 1998..The cytoplasmic domain of CALL is conserved among other members of the L1 subfamily and features sequence motifs that may involve CALL in signal transduction pathways...
- Autoimmunity, spontaneous tumourigenesis, and IL-15 insufficiency in mice with a targeted disruption of the tumour suppressor gene Fus1A V Ivanova
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Pathol 211:591-601. 2007..The increased frequency of spontaneous cancers and the development of an autoimmune syndrome in Fus1 null mice imply that these mice could serve as a model for studying molecular mechanisms of anti-tumour immunity and autoimmunity...
- Differential display analysis of gene expression in yeastA V Ivanova
Cell Mol Life Sci 59:1241-5. 2002..Several examples discussed below illustrate how DD coupled with classical yeast genetic approaches may be used for studying transcriptionally regulated genetic systems...
- The chromo and SET domains of the Clr4 protein are essential for silencing in fission yeastA V Ivanova
NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, ABL Basic Research Program, Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Nat Genet 19:192-5. 1998..These results show that clr4 plays a critical role in silencing at mating-type loci and centromeres through the organization of repressive chromatin structure and demonstrate a new, activator function for Clr4p...
- Mesenchymal-epithelial transition in the developing metanephric kidney: gene expression study by differential displayS Y Plisov
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Genesis 27:22-31. 2000..genesis 27:22-31, 2000. Published 2000 Wiley-Liss, Inc...