K W Hunter
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Doran A, Wong K, Flint J, Adams D, Hunter K, Keane T. Deep genome sequencing and variation analysis of 13 inbred mouse strains defines candidate phenotypic alleles, private variation and homozygous truncating mutations. Genome Biol. 2016;17:167 pubmed publisher..We show how studying private missense mutations can lead to insights into the genetic mechanism for a highly penetrant phenotype. ..
- Vera Ramirez L, Vodnala S, Nini R, Hunter K, Green J. Autophagy promotes the survival of dormant breast cancer cells and metastatic tumour recurrence. Nat Commun. 2018;9:1944 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, inhibition of the autophagic flux in dormant BC cells leads to the accumulation of damaged mitochondria and reactive oxygen species (ROS), resulting in cell apoptosis. ..
- Hunter K, Alsarraj J. Gene expression profiles and breast cancer metastasis: a genetic perspective. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2009;26:497-503 pubmed publisher..Thus, genetic background might have important clinical implications in metastasis detection, management and prevention. ..
- Hsieh S, Smith R, Lintell N, Hunter K, Griffiths L. Polymorphisms of the SIPA1 gene and sporadic breast cancer susceptibility. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:331 pubmed publisher....
- Hunter K, Broman K, Voyer T, Lukes L, Cozma D, Debies M, et al. Predisposition to efficient mammary tumor metastatic progression is linked to the breast cancer metastasis suppressor gene Brms1. Cancer Res. 2001;61:8866-72 pubmed..Interestingly, Mtes1 colocalizes with the murine orthologue of the human breast cancer metastasis suppressor gene Brms1, suggesting that allelic variants of Brms1 might be responsible for the metastasis suppression observed. ..