Joe B Harford
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Viral infections and human cancers: the legacy of Denis BurkittJoe B Harford
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Br J Haematol 156:709-18. 2012..More than 50 years after the seminal paper by Burkitt based on his work in Africa, it is appreciated that the contribution of viral infections to cancers remains considerably higher in sub-Saharan Africa than in the rest of the world...
- Guideline implementation for breast healthcare in low- and middle-income countries: breast healthcare program resource allocationJoe Harford
Office of International Affairs, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer 113:2282-96. 2008..Health ministers, other policymakers, healthcare personnel, administrators, and anyone else involved in developing a BCP can use and adapt this framework to improve outcomes and ensure the more effective use of resources...
- Cancer control-planning and monitoring population-based systemsJoe B Harford
Office of International Affairs, National Cancer Institute, EPN100, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Tumori 95:568-78. 2009..Experiences from around the world are reviewed to highlight the issues and showcase some possible solutions...
- Breast-cancer early detection in low-income and middle-income countries: do what you can versus one size fits allJoe B Harford
Office of International Affairs, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Lancet Oncol 12:306-12. 2011..Resources in LMCs might be better used to raise awareness and encourage more women with palpable breast lumps to seek and receive treatment in a timely manner...
- Evaluation of the impact of NCI's Summer Curriculum on Cancer Prevention on participants from low- and middle-income countriesMakeda J Williams
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cancer Educ 28:27-32. 2013..The NCI Summer Curriculum on Cancer Prevention gives international participants a unique opportunity to enhance their knowledge and effectively contribute to cancer control activities in their home country...
- Problem solving for breast health care delivery in low and middle resource countries (LMCs): consensus statement from the Breast Health Global InitiativeJoe B Harford
Office of International Affairs, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Breast 20:S20-9. 2011..Cost-effectiveness research and implementation science are tools that can guide and expand successful pilot programs...
- Approaches for the Evaluation of the National Cancer Institute's Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention: lessons from the all-Ireland NCI cancer consortiumIsabel V Otero
Center for Global Health, Office of the Director, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, Suite 100, Bethesda, MD, 20892 7301, USA
J Cancer Educ 27:450-5. 2012..More data are needed to better explain the differences observed as well as level of resources available to alumni upon their return home...