Genomes and Genes
Summer S Han
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Associations between genes in the one-carbon metabolism pathway and advanced colorectal adenoma risk in individuals with low folate intakeSummer S Han
1Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:417-27. 2012..Low dietary and circulating folate and polymorphic variation in this pathway are associated with increased risk of colorectal adenoma and cancer...
- Reconsidering the asymptotic null distribution of likelihood ratio tests for genetic linkage in multivariate variance components models under complete pleiotropySummer S Han
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biostatistics 11:226-41. 2010..We propose a method to generate an asymptotic null distribution that is much faster than other empirical methods such as permutation, enabling us to obtain P values with higher precision more efficiently...
- The chromosome 2p21 region harbors a complex genetic architecture for association with risk for renal cell carcinomaSummer S Han
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Department of Health and Human Services, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7231, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1190-200. 2012..72 × 10(-9), per-allele OR = 1.28, 95% CI: 1.18-1.39) In conclusion, we report that chromosome 2p21 harbors a complex genetic architecture for common RCC risk variants...
- Likelihood ratio test for detecting gene (G)-environment (E) interactions under an additive risk model exploiting G-E independence for case-control dataSummer S Han
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Am J Epidemiol 176:1060-7. 2012..5-fold. The authors illustrate their method by applying it to data from a bladder cancer study...
- Von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) inactivation in sporadic clear cell renal cancer: associations with germline VHL polymorphisms and etiologic risk factorsLee E Moore
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002312. 2011..A proportion of tumors from current smokers lacked VHL alterations and may represent a biologically distinct clinical entity from inactivated cases...
- Variants in or near KITLG, BAK1, DMRT1, and TERT-CLPTM1L predispose to familial testicular germ cell tumourChristian P Kratz
Division of CancerEpidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
J Med Genet 48:473-6. 2011..Familial testicular germ cell tumours (TGCTs) and bilateral TGCTs comprise 1-2% and 5% of all TGCTs, respectively, but their genetic basis remains largely unknown...
- Comprehensive analysis of 5-aminolevulinic acid dehydrogenase (ALAD) variants and renal cell carcinoma risk among individuals exposed to leadDana M Van Bemmel
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Office of the Director, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20432. 2011..Epidemiologic studies are reporting associations between lead exposure and human cancers. A polymorphism in the 5-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) gene affects lead toxicokinetics and may modify the adverse effects of lead...