Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Identification of a large Myc-binding protein that contains RCC1-like repeatsQ Guo
G W Hooper Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9172-7. 1998..The region in Myc required for binding to Pam includes a domain that is essential for the function of Myc and that is frequently mutated in Burkitt's lymphomas. PAM is located within a 300-kb region on chromosome 13q22...
- Cardiac defects and altered ryanodine receptor function in mice lacking FKBP12W Shou
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nature 391:489-92. 1998..Physiological studies demonstrate that FKBP12 is dispensable for TGF-beta-mediated signalling, but modulates the calcium release activity of both skeletal and cardiac ryanodine receptors...
- [The significance of the postburn expression of proto -- oncogenes c -- fos and c -- myc mRNA and proteins in rat myocardial cells]Q Guo
Institute of Pathology, Southwestern Hos pital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, P.R. China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 17:42-5. 2001..This implied that there were different signal transduction and modulation mechanism among these pathological conditions...
- Estradiol (E2) elicits SRC phosphorylation in the mouse neocortex: the initial event in E2 activation of the MAPK cascade?I S Nethrapalli
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Endocrinology 142:5145-8. 2001..Together, these data provide evidence that E2 activates a novel c-Src-dependent signal transduction pathway in the developing brain...
- [Effect of free fatty acids on glucose transporter 4 and insulin signaling proteins in rat skeletal muscle cells]Q Guo
Department of Endocrinology, First Hospital Affiliated to Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 81:866-7. 2001..05). CONCLUSION: Free fatty acids inhibit glucose metabolism and insulin activity in rat skeletal muscle cells by downregulating the expression of GLUT4 gene and protein and downregulating the protein expression of Grb2 and ERK2...
- Characterization of nucleophosmin (B23) as a Myc target by scanning chromatin immunoprecipitationK I Zeller
Program in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology and Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center and The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Biol Chem 276:48285-91. 2001..Hence, a scanning chromatin immunoprecipitation (SChIP) strategy is useful in analyzing functional transcription factor-binding sites...
- A novel c-Myc-responsive gene, JPO1, participates in neoplastic transformationJ E Prescott
Program in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 276:48276-84. 2001....
- Aberrant induction of Par-4 is involved in apoptosis of hippocampal neurons in presenilin-1 M146V mutant knock-in miceJ Xie
Department of Neurobiology and Pharmacology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, 4209 State Route 44, P O Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272 0095, USA
Brain Res 915:1-10. 2001....
- Prostate apoptosis response-4 enhances secretion of amyloid beta peptide 1-42 in human neuroblastoma IMR-32 cells by a caspase-dependent pathwayQ Guo
Department of Neurobiology and Pharmacology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, Ohio 44272 0095, USA
J Biol Chem 276:16040-4. 2001..These results suggest that Par-4 increases secretion of Abeta 1-42 largely through a caspase-dependent pathway after apoptotic cascades are initiated...
- Smad5 knockout mice die at mid-gestation due to multiple embryonic and extraembryonic defectsH Chang
Departments of Pathology, Cell Biology and Molecular and Human Genetics, and Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Development 126:1631-42. 1999..Despite the expression of Smad5 from gastrulation onwards, and in contrast to knockouts of Smad2 and Smad4, Smad5 only becomes essential later in extraembryonic and embryonic development...
- Par-4 is a mediator of neuronal degeneration associated with the pathogenesis of Alzheimer diseaseQ Guo
Sanders Brown Research Center on Aging, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536, USA
Nat Med 4:957-62. 1998..Par-4 expression was enhanced, and mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis exacerbated, in cells expressing presenilin-1 mutations associated with early-onset inherited AD...
- Fine mapping of E(kp)-1, a locus associated with silkworm (Bombyx mori) proleg developmentH Xiang
Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Center of Insect Science, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, P R China
Heredity (Edinb) 100:533-40. 2008..These results provide essential information for the isolation of this locus, which may shed light on the mechanism of proleg development in the silkworm and possibly in Lepidoptera...