Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Pathogenesis of HIV infection: what the virus spares is as important as what it destroysZvi Grossman
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Med 12:289-95. 2006....
- Memory phenotype CD4 T cells undergoing rapid, nonburst-like, cytokine-driven proliferation can be distinguished from antigen-experienced memory cellsSouheil Antoine Younes
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS Biol 9:e1001171. 2011....
- Antigen-stimulated CD4 T-cell expansion is inversely and log-linearly related to precursor numberJuan Quiel
Laboratories of Immunology and Cellular and Molecular Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3312-7. 2011....
- HIV preferentially infects HIV-specific CD4+ T cellsDaniel C Douek
Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, NIH, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 417:95-8. 2002..Furthermore, the phenomenon of HIV specifically infecting the very cells that respond to it adds a cautionary note to the practice of structured therapy interruption...
- Peripheral expression of self-MHC-II influences the reactivity and self-tolerance of mature CD4(+) T cells: evidence from a lymphopenic T cell modelAvinash Bhandoola
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 17:425-36. 2002....
- Progressive CD4+ central memory T cell decline results in CD4+ effector memory insufficiency and overt disease in chronic SIV infectionAfam Okoye
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Department of Pathology, and the Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
J Exp Med 204:2171-85. 2007....
- The duration of exposure to HIV modulates the breadth and the magnitude of HIV-specific memory CD4+ T cellsSouheil Antoine Younes
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Departement de Microbiologie et Immunologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 178:788-97. 2007....
- HIV infection rapidly induces and maintains a substantial suppression of thymocyte proliferationMarie Lise Dion
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Centre de Recherches du CHUM, Hotel Dieu, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1P1, Canada
Immunity 21:757-68. 2004..Our findings reveal a substantial reduction in intrathymic proliferation. The analysis also indicates the existence of a compensatory mechanism acting to sustain the numbers of recent thymic emigrants (RTEs) in the periphery...
- Concomitant regulation of T-cell activation and homeostasisZvi Grossman
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, 69978, Israel
Nat Rev Immunol 4:387-95. 2004
- Immunologic and virologic evolution during periods of intermittent and persistent low-level viremiaAnnika C Karlsson
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
AIDS 18:981-9. 2004..The interaction of these factors is not well understood, particularly in the setting of antiretroviral therapy...
- HIV-1 viremia prevents the establishment of interleukin 2-producing HIV-specific memory CD4+ T cells endowed with proliferative capacitySouheil Antoine Younes
Departement de Microbiologie et Immunologie, Universite de Montreal, 2900 Edouard Montpetit Boulevard, Montreal H3T 1J4, Canada
J Exp Med 198:1909-22. 2003..Our data favor a model whereby competent HIV-specific Tcm continuously arise in small numbers but under persistent antigenemia are rapidly induced to differentiate into IFN-gamma only-producing cells that lack self-renewal capacity...
- CD4 T cell depletion is linked directly to immune activation in the pathogenesis of HIV-1 and HIV-2 but only indirectly to the viral loadAna E Sousa
Clinical Immunology Unit Institute of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
J Immunol 169:3400-6. 2002....
- CD4+ T-cell depletion in HIV infection: are we closer to understanding the cause?Zvi Grossman
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Nat Med 8:319-23. 2002
- Immune reconstitution in HIV infection: how to measure thymic function?Zvi Grossman
Clin Immunol 115:115-7. 2005
- Mathematical modeling of thymopoiesis in HIV infection: real data, virtual data, and data interpretationZvi Grossman
Clin Immunol 107:137-9. 2003