Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The lateral habenula: no longer neglectedStefanie Geisler
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
CNS Spectr 13:484-9. 2008
- The mesopontine rostromedial tegmental nucleus: A structure targeted by the lateral habenula that projects to the ventral tegmental area of Tsai and substantia nigra compactaThomas C Jhou
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
J Comp Neurol 513:566-96. 2009..The RMTg may integrate multiple forebrain and brainstem inputs in relation to a dominant LHb input. Its outputs to neuromodulatory projection systems likely converge with direct LHb projections to those structures...
- Functional implications of glutamatergic projections to the ventral tegmental areaStefanie Geisler
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Rev Neurosci 19:227-44. 2008..We conclude by developing a model of how the glutamatergic afferents might together contribute to the functions of the VTA...
- Glutamatergic afferents of the ventral tegmental area in the ratStefanie Geisler
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Neurosci 27:5730-43. 2007....
- Brain neurotensin, psychostimulants, and stress--emphasis on neuroanatomical substratesStefanie Geisler
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University, School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Peptides 27:2364-84. 2006..Finally, recent data about the actions of NT in processes underlying behavioral sensitization to psychostimulant drugs and the involvement of NT in the regulation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal gland axis are considered...
- Neurotensin afferents of the ventral tegmental area in the rat:  re-examination of their origins and  responses to acute psychostimulant and antipsychotic drug administrationStefanie Geisler
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 1411 South Grand Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:116-34. 2006..The up-regulation of neurotensin expression selectively in VTA-projecting neurons in the accumbens shell following methamphetamine administration may be an important factor in the development of behavioural sensitization...
- Activation of afferents to the ventral tegmental area in response to acute amphetamine: a double-labelling studyJoyce Colussi-Mas
FRE CNRS 3006, Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie, Universite Lyon 1, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Eur J Neurosci 26:1011-25. 2007..This suggests that systemic amphetamine activates a wide population of neurons projecting to the VTA that may be important for the modulation of neurobehavioural plasticity produced by this psychostimulant...
- On the retention of neurotensin in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) despite destruction of the main neurotensinergic afferents of the VTA--implications for the organization of forebrain projections to the VTAStefanie Geisler
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 S Grand Boulevard, MO 63104, USA
Brain Res 1087:87-104. 2006....
- Afferents of the ventral tegmental area in the rat-anatomical substratum for integrative functionsStefanie Geisler
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Comp Neurol 490:270-94. 2005..Given the importance of the VTA in basic behaviors, this organization might provide a basis for an extraordinary level of afferent integration...
- Morphologic and cytochemical criteria for the identification and delineation of individual subnuclei within the lateral habenular complex of the ratStefanie Geisler
Institut für Anatomie der Charité, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Philippstrasse 12, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Comp Neurol 458:78-97. 2003..From our results, it is expected that the further functional analysis of the lateral habenular complex will be facilitated considerably...