Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- A novel transcriptional coactivator, p52, functionally interacts with the essential splicing factor ASF/SF2H Ge
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell 2:751-9. 1998..Together, these observations suggest that, in addition to functioning as a transcriptional coactivator, p52 may also act as an adaptor to coordinate pre-mRNA splicing and transcriptional activation of class II genes...
- Isolation of cDNAs encoding novel transcription coactivators p52 and p75 reveals an alternate regulatory mechanism of transcriptional activationH Ge
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
EMBO J 17:6723-9. 1998..These results suggest that p52 is a general transcriptional coactivator that mediates functional interactions between upstream sequence-specific activators and the general transcription apparatus, possibly through a novel mechanism...
- UPA, a universal protein array system for quantitative detection of protein-protein, protein-DNA, protein-RNA and protein-ligand interactionsH Ge
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 28:e3. 2000..v) Because the UPA can analyze hundreds (even thousands on a protein microarray) of proteins in a single experiment, it is a very effective method to screen proteins as drug targets in cancer and other human diseases...
- TFIIH inhibits CDK9 phosphorylation during human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transcriptionM Zhou
Virus Tumor Biology Section, Basic Research Laboratory, Division of Basic Sciences, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 276:44633-40. 2001..Interestingly, our results further suggest that the phosphorylated form of CDK9 is the active kinase for RNA polymerase II carboxyl-terminal domain phosphorylation...
- Defective interplay of activators and repressors with TFIH in xeroderma pigmentosumJ Liu
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell 104:353-63. 2001..Mutations in TFIIH that impair regulation by FBP and FIR affect proper regulation of c-myc expression and have implications in the development of malignancy...
- The FBP interacting repressor targets TFIIH to inhibit activated transcriptionJ Liu
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell 5:331-41. 2000..Thus, FIR locks TFIIH in an activation-resistant configuration that still supports basal transcription...
- Interferon consensus sequence-binding protein is constitutively expressed and differentially regulated in the ocular lensW Li
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 274:9686-91. 1999....
- Overlapping Sp1 and AP2 binding sites in a promoter element of the lens-specific MIP geneC Ohtaka-Maruyama
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 26:407-14. 1998..Supershift experiments with lens nuclear extracts indicated that Sp3 is also able to interact with this regulatory element, suggesting that Sp1 and Sp3 may be involved in regulation of transcription of the MIP gene in the lens...
- Phosphorylation of the RAP74 subunit of TFIIF correlates with Tat-activated transcription of the HIV-1 long terminal repeatM Zhou
Virus Tumor Biology Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Virology 268:452-60. 2000..Of importance, the exogenous RAP74 was rapidly phosphorylated in the presence of Tat. These results suggest that RAP74 phosphorylation is one important step, of several, in the Tat transactivation cascade...
- Primary structure of the human splicing factor ASF reveals similarities with Drosophila regulatorsH Ge
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027
Cell 66:373-82. 1991..Use of the upstream site results in a second mRNA (ASF-2) in which translation of the downstream exon occurs extensively in an alternative reading frame distinct from ASF-1...
- Autoantibodies to DFS 70 kd/transcription coactivator p75 in atopic dermatitis and other conditionsR L Ochs
W M Keck Autoimmune Disease Center, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 105:1211-20. 2000..The sera also recognized a 70-kd protein on Western immunoblots, and the antigen was termed dense fine speckles 70 kd (DSF70)...
- Novel cofactors and TFIIA mediate functional core promoter selectivity by the human TAFII150-containing TFIID complexE Martinez
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:6571-83. 1998..Our results reveal a parallel between the basal transcription activity of TAFIIs through core promoter elements and TAFII-dependent activator function...
- Phosphorylation negatively regulates the function of coactivator PC4H Ge
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:12691-5. 1994..These observations provide one example of a transcriptional cofactor that is negatively regulated by casein kinase II phosphorylation...
- The high mobility group protein HMG1 can reversibly inhibit class II gene transcription by interaction with the TATA-binding proteinH Ge
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
J Biol Chem 269:17136-40. 1994....
- Purification, cloning, and characterization of a human coactivator, PC4, that mediates transcriptional activation of class II genesH Ge
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University
Cell 78:513-23. 1994..These results indicate that PC4 is a general coactivator that functions cooperatively with TAFs and mediates functional interactions between upstream activators and the general transcriptional machinery...
- Ligand induction of a transcriptionally active thyroid hormone receptor coactivator complexJ D Fondell
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8329-33. 1996..These findings demonstrate the ligand-dependent in vivo formation of a transcriptionally active TR-multisubunit protein complex and suggest a role for TRAPs as positive coactivators for gene-specific transcriptional activation...
- Coactivation by OCA-B: definition of critical regions and synergism with general cofactorsY Luo
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021 6399, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3803-10. 1998....
- Isolation and characterization of two human transcription factor IIH (TFIIH)-related complexes: ERCC2/CAK and TFIIHJ T Reardon
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:6482-7. 1996..These data suggest that TFIIH* and ERCC2/CAK interact to form the TFIIH holoenzyme capable of efficiently assembling the pol II transcription initiation complex and directly participating in excision repair reactions...
- Analysis of aberrant methylation of the VHL gene by transgenes, monochromosome transfer, and cell fusionI Kuzmin
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, Maryland, MD 21702, USA
Oncogene 18:5672-9. 1999..Contribution of some putative trans-acting factors cannot be excluded during a period when the aberrant VHL methylation pattern was first generated...
- Correlation between transcriptome and interactome mapping data from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeH Ge
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 29:482-6. 2001..The strategy described here may help to integrate other functional genomic and proteomic data, both in yeast and in higher organisms...
- Hzf-3 expression in the amygdala after establishment of conditioned taste aversionH Ge
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, Gándara Avenue, Julio García Díaz Building, Room 108, PO Box 23360, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
Neuroscience 120:1-4. 2003..Induction in the LA/BLA had a faster onset than induction in the central nucleus of the amygdala. The results implicate HZF-3 in the acquisition of associative aversive experiences...
- The p73 polymorphisms are not associated with susceptibility to esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a high incidence region of ChinaH Ge
Hebei Cancer Institute and The Fourth Affiliated Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang Hebei Province 050011, China
Dis Esophagus 20:290-6. 2007..The results suggested that the p73 exon2 G4C14-A4T14 and P3 promoter -386G/A polymorphisms might not be used as potential markers to predicate the risk of ESCC development in northern China...