Genomes and Genes
Santhi K Ganesh
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Multiple loci influence erythrocyte phenotypes in the CHARGE ConsortiumSanthi K Ganesh
National Human Genome Research Institute, Division of Intramural Research, Bethesda, MD, USA
Nat Genet 41:1191-8. 2009..This study has identified new determinants of erythrocyte traits, offering insight into common variants underlying variation in erythrocyte measures...
- On averaging power for genetic association and linkage studiesGang Zheng
Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Hered 59:14-20. 2005..The robust test for linkage analysis is also examined using the averaged powers. We also recommend a sensitivity analysis when the true allele frequency or the number of identical-by-descent alleles is unknown...
- Time course analysis of gene expression identifies multiple genes with differential expression in patients with in-stent restenosisSanthi K Ganesh
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NHLBI, Division of Intramural Research, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
BMC Med Genomics 4:20. 2011..We hypothesized that the analysis of gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) would demonstrate differences in transcript expression between individuals who develop ISR and those who do not...
- Genome-wide association study of blood pressure and hypertensionDaniel Levy
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 41:677-87. 2009..Identifying genes associated with blood pressure advances our understanding of blood pressure regulation and highlights potential drug targets for the prevention or treatment of hypertension...
- Multiple loci are associated with white blood cell phenotypesMichael A Nalls
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002113. 2011....
- Effects of rare and common blood pressure gene variants on essential hypertension: results from the Family Blood Pressure Program, CLUE, and Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities studiesKhanh Dung H Nguyen
Center for Complex Disease Genomics, McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Res 112:318-26. 2013..Hypertension affects ≈30% of adults in industrialized countries and is the major risk factor for cardiovascular disease...
- Detection of venous thromboembolism by proteomic serum biomarkersSanthi K Ganesh
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e544. 2007..We used direct mass spectrometry (MS) analysis of serum from patients with VTE to determine whether protein expression profiles would predict diagnosis...
- Rationale and study design of the CardioGene Study: genomics of in-stent restenosisSanthi K Ganesh
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute/National Institutes of Health, Cardiovascular Branch, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pharmacogenomics 5:952-1004. 2004..These include determining blood gene and protein expression in patients with ISR, investigating the genetic basis of ISR, developing predictive gene and protein biomarkers, and the identification of new targets for treatment...