Genomes and Genes
Santhi K Ganesh
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Multiple loci influence erythrocyte phenotypes in the CHARGE ConsortiumSanthi K Ganesh
National Human Genome Research Institute, Division of Intramural Research, Bethesda, MD, USA
Nat Genet 41:1191-8. 2009..This study has identified new determinants of erythrocyte traits, offering insight into common variants underlying variation in erythrocyte measures...
- Time course analysis of gene expression identifies multiple genes with differential expression in patients with in-stent restenosisSanthi K Ganesh
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NHLBI, Division of Intramural Research, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
BMC Med Genomics 4:20. 2011..We hypothesized that the analysis of gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) would demonstrate differences in transcript expression between individuals who develop ISR and those who do not...
- On averaging power for genetic association and linkage studiesGang Zheng
Office of Biostatistics Research, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Hered 59:14-20. 2005..The robust test for linkage analysis is also examined using the averaged powers. We also recommend a sensitivity analysis when the true allele frequency or the number of identical-by-descent alleles is unknown...
- Genome-wide association study of blood pressure and hypertensionDaniel Levy
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 41:677-87. 2009..Identifying genes associated with blood pressure advances our understanding of blood pressure regulation and highlights potential drug targets for the prevention or treatment of hypertension...
- Multiple loci are associated with white blood cell phenotypesMichael A Nalls
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002113. 2011....
- Effects of rare and common blood pressure gene variants on essential hypertension: results from the Family Blood Pressure Program, CLUE, and Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities studiesKhanh Dung H Nguyen
Center for Complex Disease Genomics, McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circ Res 112:318-26. 2013..Hypertension affects ≈30% of adults in industrialized countries and is the major risk factor for cardiovascular disease...
- Detection of venous thromboembolism by proteomic serum biomarkersSanthi K Ganesh
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e544. 2007..We used direct mass spectrometry (MS) analysis of serum from patients with VTE to determine whether protein expression profiles would predict diagnosis...
- Rationale and study design of the CardioGene Study: genomics of in-stent restenosisSanthi K Ganesh
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute National Institutes of Health, Cardiovascular Branch, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pharmacogenomics 5:952-1004. 2004..Prospective risk stratification would allow for the rational selection of specialized treatments against the development of in-stent restenosis (ISR), such as drug-eluting stents...