Elizabeth C Finger
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Caught in the act: the impact of audience on the neural response to morally and socially inappropriate behaviorElizabeth C Finger
Mood and Anxiety Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, 15K, North Drive, MSC 2670, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuroimage 33:414-21. 2006..These regions have been implicated in the representation of the mental states of others (Theory of Mind). The presence of an audience was associated with increased left amygdala activity across all conditions...
- Reduced amygdala-orbitofrontal connectivity during moral judgments in youths with disruptive behavior disorders and psychopathic traitsAbigail A Marsh
Mood and Anxiety Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Psychiatry Res 194:279-86. 2011..These results suggest that psychopathic traits are associated with amygdala and orbitofrontal cortex dysfunction. This dysfunction may relate to previous findings of disrupted moral judgment in this population...
- The impact of tryptophan depletion and 5-HTTLPR genotype on passive avoidance and response reversal instrumental learning tasksElizabeth C Finger
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Unit on Affective Cognitive Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:206-15. 2007..Furthermore, they demonstrate behavioral differences in responses to punishing stimuli between long allele homozygotes and short allele carriers when serotonin levels are acutely reduced...
- Impaired recognition of fear facial expressions in 5-HTTLPR S-polymorphism carriers following tryptophan depletionAbigail A Marsh
Mood and Anxiety Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:387-94. 2006..Acute tryptophan depletion has been associated with the processing of fear-relevant cues, such as emotional expressions, but the effect of genotype at the 5-HTTLPR has not been assessed...
- Reduced amygdala response to fearful expressions in children and adolescents with callous-unemotional traits and disruptive behavior disordersAbigail A Marsh
Mood and Anxiety Program, NIMH, 15K North Dr, MSC 2670, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:712-20. 2008..Moreover, despite high comorbidity of callous-unemotional traits and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), no research has attempted to distinguish neural correlates of pediatric callous-unemotional traits and ADHD...
- Abnormal ventromedial prefrontal cortex function in children with psychopathic traits during reversal learningElizabeth C Finger
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:586-94. 2008....
- Altered neural function in pediatric bipolar disorder during reversal learningDaniel P Dickstein
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:707-19. 2010..Here, we use event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to elucidate neural correlates of reversal learning deficits in euthymic BD youth compared to typically developing controls...
- Dissociable roles of medial orbitofrontal cortex in human operant extinction learningElizabeth C Finger
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD, USA
Neuroimage 43:748-55. 2008..These findings suggest that in humans, frontopolar OFC modulates activity in caudal mOFC, rACC and amygdala during successful operant extinction learning...
- Adapting to dynamic stimulus-response values: differential contributions of inferior frontal, dorsomedial, and dorsolateral regions of prefrontal cortex to decision makingDerek G V Mitchell
National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 29:10827-34. 2009..These data are interpreted with reference to models of dmPFC, dlPFC, and IFG functioning...