W S Fenton
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- A placebo-controlled trial of omega-3 fatty acid (ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid) supplementation for residual symptoms and cognitive impairment in schizophreniaW S Fenton
NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 9621, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:2071-4. 2001..This study determined if augmentation of neuroleptics with 3 g/day of ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) improves symptoms and cognition in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...
- Cost and cost-effectiveness of hospital vs residential crisis care for patients who have serious mental illnessWayne S Fenton
National Institute of Mental Health, 6001 Executive Blvd, Room 8029, MSC 9669, Bethesda, MD 20892 9619, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:357-64. 2002....
- Mood disorders: cardiovascular and diabetes comorbidityWayne S Fenton
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 9621, USA
Curr Opin Psychiatry 19:421-7. 2006..This review provides recent findings on comorbidity, summarizes mechanistic hypotheses, and outlines developments in treatment and services...
- Psychiatry residency training, the physician-scientist, and the future of psychiatryWayne Fenton
Division of Adult Translational Research and Treatment Development, NIMH, 6001 Executive Blvd, Room 6216, MSC 9621, Bethesda, MD 20892 9621, USA
Acad Psychiatry 28:263-6. 2004
- Breaking the log-jam in treatment development for cognition in schizophrenia: NIMH perspectiveWayne S Fenton
National Institute of Mental Health, National Institute of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, Room 6216, 6001 Executive Boulevard, MSC 9621, Bethesda, MD 20892 9621, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 169:365-6. 2003
- Person-centered psychiatric care: a tribute to Wayne S. Fenton, MDRobert K Heinssen
Schizophr Bull 33:1149-50. 2007..Through his actions and writings, Wayne Fenton influenced a generation of mental health professionals who aspire to similar professional excellence in all aspects of clinical care...
- New paradigms for treatment developmentEllen L Stover
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:1093-9. 2007....
- Progress on NIMH initiatives (memorial theme for Wayne Fenton, MD)Ellen Stover
National Institute of Mental Health, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:1084-5. 2007
- Wayne Fenton, M.DEllen Stover
NIMH, 6001 Executive Blvd, Rm 8235, MSC 9669, Bethesda, MD 20892 9669, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:177-8. 2008
- Informed Consent in Early Psychosis Research: National Institute of Mental Health workshop, November 15, 2000R K Heinssen
Division of Mental Disorders, Behavioral Research, and AIDS, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 9625, USA
Schizophr Bull 27:571-83. 2001..Workshop participants summarized information presented during the meeting into informed consent "bullets" that must be communicated to, and understood and appreciated by, potential research participants...
- Medicine. What are the right targets for psychopharmacology?Steven E Hyman
Harvard University, Boston, MA 02138, USA
Science 299:350-1. 2003
- Psychiatric epidemiology: it's not just about counting anymoreThomas R Insel
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:590-2. 2005
- Recovery from schizophrenic psychoses within the northern Finland 1966 Birth CohortErika Lauronen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014, Oulu, Finland
J Clin Psychiatry 66:375-83. 2005..Because of widely disparate findings from follow-up studies, the likelihood of recovery from schizophrenia remains controversial. We report the extent of recovery from schizophrenia in a population-based cohort...
- Functional co-primary measures for clinical trials in schizophrenia: results from the MATRICS Psychometric and Standardization StudyMichael F Green
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA, 300 Medical Plaza, Rm 2263, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:221-8. 2008..e., a co-primary) that is considered functionally meaningful. The goal of the current study was to describe steps to evaluate four potential co-primary measures for psychometric properties and validity...
- Ensuring public trustThomas R Insel
National Institute of Mental Health, 6001 Executive Boulevard, Room 8235, MSC 9669, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:539. 2004
- How should DSM-V criteria for schizophrenia include cognitive impairment?Richard S E Keefe
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3270, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:912-20. 2007..Given the current emphasis on the development of cognitive treatments, the evaluation of cognition in schizophrenia is an essential component of mental health education...
- The MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery, part 2: co-norming and standardizationRobert S Kern
Department of Psychology, Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles CA 90073, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:214-20. 2008..S. community sample with the battery administered as a unit...
- Test-retest stability of the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status in schizophreniaChristopher M Wilk
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, Sheppard Pratt Health System, Baltimore, 21228 0747, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:838-44. 2002..This study examined the test-retest stability of the RBANS in individual patients with schizophrenia relative to a healthy comparison group...
- The MATRICS Consensus Cognitive Battery, part 1: test selection, reliability, and validityKeith H Nuechterlein
Department of Psychology, UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, 300 Medical Plaza, Rm 2251, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:203-13. 2008....
- Placebo response in a double-blind therapeutic supplementation trial in stabilized outpatients with schizophreniaFaith B Dickerson
Schizophr Res 59:97-8. 2003
- Wayne S. FentonIvan Oransky
Lancet 368:1568. 2006
- Remembering and appreciating Wayne S. FentonHoward H Goldman
Psychiatr Serv 57:1367. 2006
- Medication-induced weight gain and dyslipidemia in patients with schizophreniaWayne S Fenton
Division of Adult Trasnlation Reserach and Treatment Development, NIMH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1697-704; quiz 1858-9. 2006
- The NIMH-MATRICS consensus statement on negative symptomsBrian Kirkpatrick
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Medical College of Georgia, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:214-9. 2006
- Smoking, gender, and dietary influences on erythrocyte essential fatty acid composition among patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorderJoseph R Hibbeln
Laboratory of Membrane Biochemistry and Biophysics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20852, USA
Biol Psychiatry 53:431-41. 2003....
- Shared decision making: a model for the physician-patient relationship in the 21st century?Wayne S Fenton
Acta Psychiatr Scand 107:401-2. 2003
- Changing middle schoolers' attitudes about mental illness through educationAmy C Watson
Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 1033 University Place, Suite 450, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Schizophr Bull 30:563-72. 2004..These findings suggest that a brief educational program can be an effective intervention to increase knowledge and improve attitudes about mental illness...
- Approaching a consensus cognitive battery for clinical trials in schizophrenia: the NIMH-MATRICS conference to select cognitive domains and test criteriaMichael F Green
Neuropsychiatric Institute, Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:301-7. 2004..The results from this meeting constitute the initial steps for reaching a consensus cognitive battery for clinical trials in schizophrenia...
- Brief cognitive assessment in schizophrenia: normative data for the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological StatusChristopher M Wilk
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, PO Box 21247, Baltimore, MD 21228 0747, USA
Schizophr Res 70:175-86. 2004..Prior studies have established the clinical validity and test-retest reliability of the RBANS in SC...