Jacob D Estes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The role of collagen deposition in depleting CD4+ T cells and limiting reconstitution in HIV-1 and SIV infections through damage to the secondary lymphoid organ nicheJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Semin Immunol 20:181-6. 2008....
- Role of collagen deposition in lymphatic tissues and immune reconstruction during HIV-1 and SIV infectionsJacob D Estes
The AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Fort Detrick Campus, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 6:29-35. 2009....
- Pathobiology of HIV/SIV-associated changes in secondary lymphoid tissuesJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Immunol Rev 254:65-77. 2013....
- Enhancing immune responses to limit chronic immune activation during SIVJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick Inc, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1611-4. 2012....
- Damaged intestinal epithelial integrity linked to microbial translocation in pathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus infectionsJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001052. 2010..Novel therapeutic approaches to inhibit microbial translocation and/or attenuate chronic immune activation in HIV-infected individuals may complement treatments aimed at direct suppression of viral replication...
- Reduced inflammation and lymphoid tissue immunopathology in rhesus macaques receiving anti-tumor necrosis factor treatment during primary simian immunodeficiency virus infectionBrian Tabb
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, SAIC Frederick, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 207:880-92. 2013....
- Downregulation of robust acute type I interferon responses distinguishes nonpathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) infection of natural hosts from pathogenic SIV infection of rhesus macaquesLevelle D Harris
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Virol 84:7886-91. 2010..In contrast, persistently high type I IFN responses are observed during pathogenic SIV infection of rhesus macaques...
- Distribution, persistence, and efficacy of adoptively transferred central and effector memory-derived autologous simian immunodeficiency virus-specific CD8+ T cell clones in rhesus macaques during acute infectionJacob T Minang
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 184:315-26. 2010....
- Probiotic/prebiotic supplementation of antiretrovirals improves gastrointestinal immunity in SIV-infected macaquesNichole R Klatt
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Clin Invest 123:903-7. 2013..Thus, ARV synbiotic supplementation in HIV-infected individuals may improve GI tract immunity and thereby mitigate inflammatory sequelae, ultimately improving prognosis...
- Tracking the luminal exposure and lymphatic drainage pathways of intravaginal and intrarectal inocula used in nonhuman primate models of HIV transmissionJeremy Smedley
Laboratory Animal Sciences Program, Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc, Frederick National Laboratory, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e92830. 2014..These results provide insights into potential patterns of viral dissemination that can help guide efforts to better elucidate the earliest events of virus transmission and potential intervention strategies...
- Molecularly Tagged Simian Immunodeficiency Virus SIVmac239 Synthetic Swarm for Tracking Independent Infection EventsGregory Q Del Prete
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, Maryland, USA
J Virol 88:8077-90. 2014..This approach should be useful for tracking individual infection events in preclinical vaccine evaluations, long-term viral reservoir establishment/clearance research, and transmission/early-event studies...
- Restricted replication of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus in pigtailed macaquesGregory Q Del Prete
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, USA
J Virol 86:3152-66. 2012..Given that human APOBEC proteins restrict XMRV infection in vitro, human XMRV infection, if it occurred, would be expected to be characterized by similarly limited viral replication and spread...
- Barriers to mucosal transmission of immunodeficiency virusesBrandon F Keele
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Blood 118:839-46. 2011..Understanding the initial events of infection, before systemic spread, could provide insights into strategies for reducing acquisition or ameliorating clinical outcome...