Jacob D Estes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- The role of collagen deposition in depleting CD4+ T cells and limiting reconstitution in HIV-1 and SIV infections through damage to the secondary lymphoid organ nicheJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Semin Immunol 20:181-6. 2008....
- Role of collagen deposition in lymphatic tissues and immune reconstruction during HIV-1 and SIV infectionsJacob D Estes
The AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Fort Detrick Campus, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 6:29-35. 2009....
- Pathobiology of HIV/SIV-associated changes in secondary lymphoid tissuesJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Immunol Rev 254:65-77. 2013....
- Enhancing immune responses to limit chronic immune activation during SIVJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick Inc, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1611-4. 2012....
- Damaged intestinal epithelial integrity linked to microbial translocation in pathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus infectionsJacob D Estes
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001052. 2010..Novel therapeutic approaches to inhibit microbial translocation and/or attenuate chronic immune activation in HIV-infected individuals may complement treatments aimed at direct suppression of viral replication...
- Reduced inflammation and lymphoid tissue immunopathology in rhesus macaques receiving anti-tumor necrosis factor treatment during primary simian immunodeficiency virus infectionBrian Tabb
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, SAIC Frederick, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 207:880-92. 2013....
- Downregulation of robust acute type I interferon responses distinguishes nonpathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) infection of natural hosts from pathogenic SIV infection of rhesus macaquesLevelle D Harris
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Virol 84:7886-91. 2010..In contrast, persistently high type I IFN responses are observed during pathogenic SIV infection of rhesus macaques...
- Distribution, persistence, and efficacy of adoptively transferred central and effector memory-derived autologous simian immunodeficiency virus-specific CD8+ T cell clones in rhesus macaques during acute infectionJacob T Minang
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Immunol 184:315-26. 2010....
- Probiotic/prebiotic supplementation of antiretrovirals improves gastrointestinal immunity in SIV-infected macaquesNichole R Klatt
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Clin Invest 123:903-7. 2013..Thus, ARV synbiotic supplementation in HIV-infected individuals may improve GI tract immunity and thereby mitigate inflammatory sequelae, ultimately improving prognosis...
- Restricted replication of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus in pigtailed macaquesGregory Q Del Prete
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, USA
J Virol 86:3152-66. 2012..Given that human APOBEC proteins restrict XMRV infection in vitro, human XMRV infection, if it occurred, would be expected to be characterized by similarly limited viral replication and spread...
- Barriers to mucosal transmission of immunodeficiency virusesBrandon F Keele
AIDS and Cancer Virus Program, SAIC Frederick Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Blood 118:839-46. 2011..Understanding the initial events of infection, before systemic spread, could provide insights into strategies for reducing acquisition or ameliorating clinical outcome...