Elizabeth A Duncan
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Central administration of melanin-concentrating hormone increases alcohol and sucrose/quinine intake in ratsElizabeth A Duncan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:958-64. 2005..e., anxiety, fluid balance, and reward). We tested the hypothesis that MCH would decrease the motivation to consume alcohol secondarily to reducing anxiety...
- The impact of moderate daily alcohol consumption on aggression and the formation of dominance hierarchies in ratsElizabeth A Duncan
Program in Neuroscience, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:83-94. 2006..We tested the hypothesis that a history of drinking alcohol would cause SUB rats to consume even greater amounts of alcohol...
- The regulation of alcohol intake by melanin-concentrating hormone in ratsElizabeth A Duncan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 85:728-35. 2006..Further, endogenous MCH does not seem to regulate alcohol drinking, however because the antagonist failed to attenuate MCH-induced alcohol intake this conclusion is tentative...
- Alcohol drinking in MCH receptor-1-deficient miceElizabeth A Duncan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1325-37. 2007..However, because the physiological relevance of this finding is unclear, we tested the hypothesis that endogenous MCH signaling enhances alcohol consumption...
- Changes in the satiating effect of cholecystokinin over repeated trialsElizabeth A Duncan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Physiol Behav 85:387-93. 2005..e., that the diminution of the effect of CCK-8 over consecutive administrations is due to the extinction of a previously learned response to endogenous CCK...