James J Driscoll
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Targeting the proteasome with bortezomib in multiple myeloma: update on therapeutic benefit as an upfront single agent, induction regimen for stem-cell transplantation and as maintenance therapyJames J Driscoll
Translational Genomics Section, Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Magnuson Cancer Center, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Ther 19:133-44. 2012..Herein, the use of bortezomib as an upfront therapy, as an induction regimen before stem-cell transplantation and as maintenance therapy in the treatment of multiple myeloma is discussed...
- The sumoylation pathway is dysregulated in multiple myeloma and is associated with adverse patient outcomeJames J Driscoll
Department of Research, Veterans Administration Boston Healthcare, West Roxbury, MA, USA
Blood 115:2827-34. 2010..The sumoylation pathway is a novel therapeutic target with implications for existing proteasomal-based treatment strategies...
- Therapeutically targeting the SUMOylation, Ubiquitination and Proteasome pathways as a novel anticancer strategyJames J Driscoll
Medical Oncology Branch, Magnuson Cancer Center, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive Building 10, Room 12N 226, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Target Oncol 5:281-9. 2010..Targeting the UPS, SUMOylation and NEDDylation pathways offers great promise in the treatment of hematologic and solid malignancies...
- The ubiquitin+proteasome protein degradation pathway as a therapeutic strategy in the treatment of solid tumor malignanciesJames J Driscoll
Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 11:242-6. 2011..Potential mechanisms of resistance and means to improve the response to proteasome inhibitors in solid tumors are discussed...
- Overall survival: still the gold standard: why overall survival remains the definitive end point in cancer clinical trialsJames J Driscoll
Medical Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer J 15:401-5. 2009..Clinical trials must continue to assess OS until biologically plausible measures are developed and emerge as valid early end point surrogates to replace the gold standard...