Carlos A Driscoll
Affiliation: National Cancer Institute
- Light whole genome sequence for SNP discovery across domestic cat breedsJames C Mullikin
Genome Technology Branch and NIH Intramural Sequencing Center, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
BMC Genomics 11:406. 2010..However, to realize this bio-medical potential, a high density single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) map is required in order to accomplish disease and phenotype association discovery...
- The Near Eastern origin of cat domesticationCarlos A Driscoll
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Science 317:519-23. 2007..Domestic cats derive from at least five founders from across this region, whose descendants were transported across the world by human assistance...
- Molecular evidence for species-level distinctions in clouded leopardsValerie A Buckley-Beason
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Curr Biol 16:2371-6. 2006..n. diardi in Borneo and Sumatra, would support reclassification of N. n. diardi as a new species (Neofelis diardi)...
- Mitochondrial phylogeography illuminates the origin of the extinct caspian tiger and its relationship to the amur tigerCarlos A Driscoll
Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, Tubney, Oxon, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4125. 2009..Also, due to their evolutionary propinquity, living Amur tigers offer an appropriate genetic source should reintroductions to the former range of the Caspian tiger be implemented...
- Genomic microsatellites as evolutionary chronometers: a test in wild catsCarlos A Driscoll
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute-Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702-1201, USA
Genome Res 12:414-23. 2002....