Lori E Dodd
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Correcting log ratios for signal saturation in cDNA microarraysLori E Dodd
Biometric Research Branch, DCTD, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7434, USA
Bioinformatics 20:2685-93. 2004..The method is based on a censored regression model. Evaluations on several arrays indicate that the method performs well. Simulation studies suggest that the method is robust under certain model violations...
- Partial AUC estimation and regressionLori E Dodd
Biometric Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7434, Rockville, Maryland 20892, USA
Biometrics 59:614-23. 2003..We use the regression framework to compare two prostate-specific antigen biomarkers and to evaluate the dependence of biomarker accuracy on the time prior to clinical diagnosis of prostate cancer...
- Assessment methodologies and statistical issues for computer-aided diagnosis of lung nodules in computed tomography: contemporary research topics relevant to the lung image database consortiumLori E Dodd
Biometrics Research Branch, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7434, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Acad Radiol 11:462-75. 2004..We review methods for performance assessment and discuss issues of defining "truth" as well as the complications that arise when truth information is not available. We also discuss issues about sizing and populating a database...
- An audit strategy for progression-free survivalLori E Dodd
Biostatistics Research Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biometrics 67:1092-9. 2011..A two-stage auditing strategy is also proposed and evaluated through simulation studies. The method is applied retrospectively to a large oncology trial that had a complete-case BICR, showing the potential for efficiency improvements...
- Blinded independent central review of progression-free survival in phase III clinical trials: important design element or unnecessary expense?Lori E Dodd
Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, Branches of Biometric Research, Investigational Drug, Cancer Investigations, and Diagnostic Imaging, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3791-6. 2008..When such designs are not practical, BICR is not recommended as a general strategy for reducing bias. However, BICR may be useful as an auditing tool to assess the reliability of marginally positive results...
- Lack of generalizability of sensitivity and specificity with treatment effectsLori E Dodd
Biometric Research Branch, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892, U S A
Stat Med 27:1734-44. 2008..These results demonstrate that evaluating sensitivity and specificity within treatment (or other covariate) groups is necessary even when simple proportional hazards models or the Prentice criterion holds...
- Measurement error in the timing of events: effect on survival analyses in randomized clinical trialsEdward L Korn
Biometric Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Trials 7:626-33. 2010....
- Genes involved in DNA repair and nitrosamine metabolism and those located on chromosome 14q32 are dysregulated in nasopharyngeal carcinomaLori E Dodd
National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Room 7062, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2216-25. 2006..Our results suggest that nitrosamine activation and DNA repair are important in NPC. The consistent down-regulation of expression on chromosome 14q32 suggests loss of heterozygosity in this region...
- A cautionary note on the robustness of latent class models for estimating diagnostic error without a gold standardPaul S Albert
Biometric Research Branch, Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biometrics 60:427-35. 2004..Further, data analysis and simulations demonstrate the practical implications of model misspecification. Finally, we present some guidelines about the use of these models for practitioners...
- Evaluation of the polyclonal ELISA HPV serology assay as a biomarker for human papillomavirus exposureSarah E Coseo
Infections and Immunoepidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:976-82. 2011..Overall performance of these assays, as a measure of HPV exposure, has not been evaluated...
- PSA velocity and prostate cancerLori E Dodd
N Engl J Med 351:1800-2; author reply 1800-2. 2004