Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Development 130:2375-84. 2003..We propose that Wnt signaling across the region of developing outer hair cells gives rise to planar polarity in the mammalian cochlea...
- Planar cell polarity and a potential role for a Wnt morphogen gradient in stereociliary bundle orientation in the mammalian inner earAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurobiol 64:446-57. 2005..Furthermore, we review evidence for the role of Wnt signaling, and the possible generation of a Wnt gradient, in planar polarity...
- Sox2 induces neuronal formation in the developing mammalian cochleaChandrakala Puligilla
Section on Developmental Neuroscience and Section on Synaptic Transmission, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 30:714-22. 2010..Finally, we demonstrate that nonsensory cells within the cochlea retain neural competence through at least the early postnatal period...
- Sox2 signaling in prosensory domain specification and subsequent hair cell differentiation in the developing cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18396-401. 2008..These results demonstrate crucial and diverse roles for Sox2 in the development, specification, and maintenance of sensory cells within the cochlea...
- Fgf signaling regulates development and transdifferentiation of hair cells and supporting cells in the basilar papillaBonnie E Jacques
Laboratory of Cochlear Development, NIDCD, NIH, Porter Neuroscience Research Center, 35 Convent Dr, Room 2A 100, Bethesda, MD 20892 3729, USA
Hear Res 289:27-39. 2012..The ability of Fgf signaling to inhibit transdifferentiation suggests that its down-regulation may be essential for the initial steps of HC formation, as well as for the maintenance of SC phenotypes...
- Inhibitors of differentiation and DNA binding (Ids) regulate Math1 and hair cell formation during the development of the organ of CortiJennifer M Jones
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, Porter Neuroscience Center, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 26:550-8. 2006..These results indicate a key role for Ids in the regulation of expression of Math1 and hair cell differentiation in the developing cochlea...
- Disruption of fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 signaling results in defects in cellular differentiation, neuronal patterning, and hearing impairmentChandrakala Puligilla
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Dev Dyn 236:1905-17. 2007....
- Vascular development in the retina and inner ear: control by Norrin and Frizzled-4, a high-affinity ligand-receptor pairQiang Xu
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell 116:883-95. 2004..These data define a Norrin-Fz4 signaling system that plays a central role in vascular development in the eye and ear, and they indicate that ligands unrelated to Wnts can act through Fz receptors...