Genomes and Genes
Brandon J Cuthbertson
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Discovery of synthetic penaeidin activity against antibiotic-resistant fungiBrandon J Cuthbertson
National Institutes of Health National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, PO Box 12233 MD F3 04, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2233, USA
Chem Biol Drug Des 68:120-7. 2006..The proline-rich domain of penaeidin class 4 shows the highest relative antimicrobial activity, while exhibiting no cytotoxicity to human monocytes, and therefore stands out as a potential peptide therapeutic...
- Diversity in penaeidin antimicrobial peptide form and functionBrandon J Cuthbertson
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, NIH NIEHS, P O Box 12233 MD F3 04, 111 TW Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2233, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 32:167-81. 2008....
- Chapter 4. Evaluating the control of mRNA decay in fission yeastBrandon J Cuthbertson
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Methods Enzymol 449:73-95. 2008..We hope to use this convenient experimental system to unravel the mechanism by which TTP family members, in this and other organisms, bind to mRNAs and promote their instability...
- Characterization of zfs1 as an mRNA-binding and -destabilizing protein in Schizosaccharomyces pombeBrandon J Cuthbertson
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, 111 T W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 283:2586-94. 2008..zfs1 and its targets in S. pombe represent a useful model system for studies of zinc finger protein/AU-rich element interactions that result in mRNA decay...
- A new class (penaeidin class 4) of antimicrobial peptides from the Atlantic white shrimp (Litopenaeus setiferus) exhibits target specificity and an independent proline-rich-domain functionBrandon J Cuthbertson
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 221 Fort Johnson Road, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
Biochem J 381:79-86. 2004....
- Diversity of the penaeidin antimicrobial peptides in two shrimp speciesBrandon J Cuthbertson
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Sciences Program, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Immunogenetics 54:442-5. 2002..Phylogenetic analysis indicates that all classes of penaeidin were likely present in both species prior to speciation...
- Alternative splicing of major histocompatibility complex class II DXB transcripts in Xiphophorus fishesKelly E Roney
Department of Biology, Howell Science Complex, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Immunogenetics 56:462-6. 2004..The alternative splice pattern and the divergence of DXB from DAB suggest that in fish, DXB may have an alternate function. Alternative splicing transcripts of DXB may allow for signaling and localization of DXB within the cell...
- Solution structure of synthetic penaeidin-4 with structural and functional comparisons with penaeidin-3Brandon J Cuthbertson
Centre de Biochimie Structurale, CNRS UMR 5048, INSERM U414, Universite Montpellier 1, Faculte de Pharmacie, 15 Avenue Charles Flahault, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Biol Chem 280:16009-18. 2005..However, the tertiary structure of the cysteine-rich domain and indeed the overall structure of penaeidins are conserved across classes...