Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Francis Collins interview. Departing U.S. genome institute director takes stock of personalized medicine. Interview by Jocelyn KaiserFrancis Collins
Science 320:1272. 2008
- A call for increased education in genetics for dental health professionalsFrancis Collins
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg. 31, Room 4B09, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Dent Educ 68:807-8. 2004
- Toxicology. Transforming environmental health protectionFrancis S Collins
National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 319:906-7. 2008
- Genome sequence of the Brown Norway rat yields insights into mammalian evolutionRichard A Gibbs
Human Genome Sequencing Center, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, MS BCM226, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA <http://www.hgsc.bcm.tmc.edu
Nature 428:493-521. 2004....
- The MLH1 D132H variant is associated with susceptibility to sporadic colorectal cancerSteven M Lipkin
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Nat Genet 36:694-9. 2004..These studies suggest that variants of mismatch repair proteins with attenuated function may account for a higher proportion of susceptibility to sporadic microsatellite-stable CRC than previously assumed...
- Genomics and the family physician: realizing the potentialFrancis Collins
Am Fam Physician 70:1637, 1642. 2004
- A genome wide quantitative trait linkage analysis for serum lipids in type 2 diabetes in an African populationAdebowale A Adeyemo
National Human Genome Center, Howard University, Genetic Epidemiology Unit, College of Medicine, 2216 6th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Atherosclerosis 181:389-97. 2005..Several of these regions have been reported to be linked to lipids in other studies. Follow up investigations are warranted in view of the central role serum lipids play in the aetiopathogenesis of cardiovascular disease...
- This time it's personalFrancis Collins
Nature 453:697. 2008
- Comprehensive genomic characterization defines human glioblastoma genes and core pathwaysRoger McLendon
Nature 455:1061-8. 2008..Together, these findings establish the feasibility and power of TCGA, demonstrating that it can rapidly expand knowledge of the molecular basis of cancer...