Steven B Clauser
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Multilevel intervention research: lessons learned and pathways forwardSteven B Clauser
Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Executive Plaza North, Rm 4086, Bethesda, MD 28092 7344, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2012:127-33. 2012..MLI research holds an unrealized promise for understanding how to improve cancer care delivery...
- The health disparities cancer collaborative: a case study of practice registry measurement in a quality improvement collaborativeDavid A Haggstrom
VA Health Services Research and Development Center on Implementing Evidence based Practice, Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Implement Sci 5:42. 2010..One setting where practice registry measurement has been implemented is the Health Resources and Services Administration's Health Disparities Cancer Collaborative (HDCC)...
- Improving modern cancer care through information technologySteven B Clauser
Outcomes Research Branch, National Cancer Institute NIH, 6130 Executive Boulevard, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Prev Med 40:S198-207. 2011..Also discussed are additional challenges and opportunities to advancing understanding of how patient data, provider and patient involvement, and informatics innovations can support high-quality cancer care...
- National Cancer Institute partnerships in quality-of-care researchSteven B Clauser
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Control 16:283-92. 2009..The NCI addresses this priority in part through a variety of research partnerships with public and private organizations designed to measure, monitor, and improve the quality of cancer care delivery...
- Disparities in HRQOL of cancer survivors and non-cancer managed care enrolleesSteven B Clauser
National Cancer Institute NCI, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:23-40. 2008..The influence of these variables persists when controlling for multiple variables including comorbidity status. Health plans should focus on addressing these disparities...
- SEER-MHOS: a new federal collaboration on cancer outcomes researchSteven B Clauser
National Cancer Institute (NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892-7344, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:1-4. 2008
- Significance of functional status data for payment and qualitySteven B Clauser
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, 6130 Executive Boulevard, MSC 7344, EPN Room 4005, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344
Health Care Financ Rev 24:1-12. 2003..In this issue of the Health Care Financing Review, articles focus on collection and classification of functional status for payment and quality purposes...
- Impact of cancer on health-related quality of life of older AmericansBryce B Reeve
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, EPN 4005, 6130 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:860-8. 2009....
- Introduction: Understanding and influencing multilevel factors across the cancer care continuumStephen H Taplin
Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20852 7344, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2012:2-10. 2012....
- Overview of the SEER--Medicare Health Outcomes Survey linked datasetAnita Ambs
National Cancer Institute NCI, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:5-21. 2008..This article provides a description of the SEER-MHOS data as a tool to study cancer among Medicare enrollees. In order to highlight the strengths of the database, we also present some descriptive statistics from the database...
- Assessment of quality of cancer-related follow-up care from the cancer survivor's perspectiveNeeraj K Arora
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7344, EPN 4092, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1280-9. 2011..We assessed cancer survivors' perceptions of the quality of their follow-up care...
- Patient-reported outcomes assessment in cancer trials: evaluating and enhancing the payoff to decision makingSteven B Clauser
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5049-50. 2007
- Enhancing measurement in health outcomes research supported by Agencies within the US Department of Health and Human ServicesBryce B Reeve
Outcomes Research Branch, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, EPN 4005, 6130 Executive Blvd, MSC 7344, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
Qual Life Res 16:175-86. 2007....
- Systems strategies to support cancer screening in U.S. primary care practiceK Robin Yabroff
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:2471-9. 2011..Although systems strategies are effective in improving health care delivery, little is known about their use for cancer screening in U.S. primary care practice...
- Patient-reported outcomes assessment in cancer trials: taking stock, moving forwardJoseph Lipscomb
Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5133-40. 2007....
- Cigarette smoking and health-related quality of life in Medicare beneficiariesRon D Hays
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90024 2801, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 29:57-67. 2008..Encouraging smokers to quit and providing abstinence support to persons who have recently quit may help reduce health-related impacts of cigarette use...
- Standardizing patient-reported outcomes assessment in cancer clinical trials: a patient-reported outcomes measurement information system initiativeSofia F Garcia
Center on Outcomes, Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Institute for Healthcare Studies, and Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60201, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5106-12. 2007..We also present our work in the fatigue domain, including a short-form measure, as a sample of PROMIS methodology and work to date. Plans for future validation and application of PROMIS measures are discussed...
- Developing dialysis facility-specific performance measures for public reportingPamela R Frederick
Health Care Financ Rev 23:37-50. 2002..This article describes the process used for developing and reporting these performance measures and the lessons learned for future work in this area...
- Understanding high-quality cancer care: a summary of expert perspectivesErin J Aiello Bowles
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Washington 98103, USA
Cancer 112:934-42. 2008..Through interviews with nationally recognized experts in healthcare quality, perspectives on barriers and facilitators to achieving these aims for cancer patients were elicited...
- Achieving improvement through nursing home quality measurementYael Harris
Health Care Financ Rev 23:5-18. 2002....