Jeff W Chou
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Systematic variation normalization in microarray data to get gene expression comparison unbiasedJeff W Chou
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Bioinform Comput Biol 3:225-41. 2005..Biologically meaningful comparisons of gene expression patterns between control and test channels or among multiple arrays are therefore unbiased using normalized but not unnormalized datasets...
- Sources of variation in baseline gene expression levels from toxicogenomics study control animals across multiple laboratoriesMichael J Boedigheimer
CDER, US FDA, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
BMC Genomics 9:285. 2008....
- Extracting gene expression patterns and identifying co-expressed genes from microarray data reveals biologically responsive processesJeff W Chou
Microarray Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:427. 2007..The approach utilizes the underlying structure of gene expression data to extract patterns and identify co-expressed genes that are responsive to experimental conditions...
- Comparative toxicogenomic responses of mercuric and methyl-mercuryMatthew K McElwee
Laboratory of Toxicology and Pharmacology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, 111 T, W Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, P, O, Box 12233, 27709 Durham, NC, USA
BMC Genomics 14:698. 2013..Mercury is a ubiquitous environmental toxicant that exists in multiple chemical forms. A paucity of information exists regarding the differences or similarities by which different mercurials act at the molecular level...
- Sexually dimorphic actions of glucocorticoids provide a link to inflammatory diseases with gender differences in prevalenceDanielle Duma
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, MD F3 07, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Sci Signal 3:ra74. 2010..These gender-specific actions of glucocorticoids in liver were substantiated in vivo with a sepsis model of systemic inflammation...
- Complexes of vesicular stomatitis virus matrix protein with host Rae1 and Nup98 involved in inhibition of host transcriptionKarishma R Rajani
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002929. 2012..They also support the idea that Rae1-Nup98 complexes play a previously under-appreciated role in regulation of transcription...
- An iron regulatory gene signature predicts outcome in breast cancerLance D Miller
Department of Cancer Biology, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Cancer Res 71:6728-37. 2011....
- Discernment of possible mechanisms of hepatotoxicity via biological processes over-represented by co-expressed genesJeff W Chou
Biostatistics Branch, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
BMC Genomics 10:272. 2009..However, there are no straightforward ways of using co-expressed genes anchored to a phenotype or constrained by the experimental design for discerning mechanisms of a biological response...
- Profiles of global gene expression in ionizing-radiation-damaged human diploid fibroblasts reveal synchronization behind the G1 checkpoint in a G0-like state of quiescenceTong Zhou
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Center for Environmental Health and Susceptibility, and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:553-9. 2006....