Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Incorporation of podoplanin into HIV released from HEK-293T cells, but not PBMC, is required for efficient binding to the attachment factor CLEC-2Chawaree Chaipan
Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Retrovirology 7:47. 2010..Here, we studied the molecular mechanisms behind CLEC-2-mediated HIV-1 transmission...
- Modulation of HIV and SIV neutralization sensitivity by DC-SIGN and mannose-binding lectinAndrea Marzi
Institute for Clinical and Molecular Virology, University Hospital Erlangen, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Virology 368:322-30. 2007..Moreover, we provide evidence that mannose-binding lectin (MBL) can interfere with HIV-1 neutralization by the carbohydrate-specific antibody 2G12...
- Proteolytic activation of the 1918 influenza virus hemagglutininChawaree Chaipan
Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, University Hospital Erlangen, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Virol 83:3200-11. 2009..Moreover, we provide evidence that TMPRSS2 and TMPRSS4 activate the 1918 HA by cleavage and therefore may promote viral spread in lung tissue...
- DC-SIGN and CLEC-2 mediate human immunodeficiency virus type 1 capture by plateletsChawaree Chaipan
Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Glückstrasse 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Virol 80:8951-60. 2006..Our results identify CLEC-2 as a novel HIV-1 attachment factor and provide evidence that platelets capture and transfer infectious HIV-1 via DC-SIGN and CLEC-2, thereby possibly facilitating HIV-1 dissemination in infected patients...
- CD4 binding affinity determines human immunodeficiency virus type 1-induced alpha interferon production in plasmacytoid dendritic cellsSabrina Haupt
German National Reference Centre for Retroviruses, Institute of Clinical and Molecular Virology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Virol 82:8900-5. 2008..Our results illustrate the importance of the gp120-CD4 interaction in determining HIV-1-induced immune stimulation via IFN-alpha production...