Jie J Cao
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Relation of chronic and acute glycemic control on mortality in acute myocardial infarction with diabetes mellitusJie J Cao
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:183-6. 2005..Baseline glycohemoglobin strongly correlated with admission hyperglycemia but did not predict mortality independently...
- Association of carotid artery intima-media thickness, plaques, and C-reactive protein with future cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1061, Bldg 10, Room B1D 416, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Circulation 116:32-8. 2007..We investigated the relationship between carotid atherosclerosis and CRP and their joint roles in CVD prediction...
- The association of microalbuminuria with clinical cardiovascular disease and subclinical atherosclerosis in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Atherosclerosis 187:372-7. 2006..It is not known whether this association is due to the effect of MA on the development of subclinical atherosclerosis or whether MA destabilizes subclinical atherosclerosis, leading to clinical events...
- Prevalence and prognosis of unrecognized myocardial infarction determined by cardiac magnetic resonance in older adultsErik B Schelbert
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 308:890-6. 2012..Unrecognized myocardial infarction (MI) is prognostically important. Electrocardiography (ECG) has limited sensitivity for detecting unrecognized MI (UMI)...
- C-reactive protein, carotid intima-media thickness, and incidence of ischemic stroke in the elderly: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Mich, USA
Circulation 108:166-70. 2003..We investigated whether elevated CRP is a risk factor for ischemic stroke independent of carotid IMT and studied the interaction between CRP and IMT...
- The relationship of cardiovascular risk factors to microalbuminuria in older adults with or without diabetes mellitus or hypertension: the cardiovascular health studyJoshua I Barzilay
Kaiser Permanente of Georgia, Tucker, GA 30084, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 44:25-34. 2004..Microalbuminuria is a risk factor for coronary heart disease (CHD). It occurs most commonly in the settings of diabetes and hypertension. The mechanisms by which it increases CHD risk are uncertain...
- Cardiovascular and mortality risk prediction and stratification using urinary albumin excretion in older adults ages 68-102: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJie J Cao
Research Department, St Francis Hospital, Division of Cardiology, Stony Brook University, SUNY, 100 Port Washington Boulevard, Roslyn, NY 11576, United States
Atherosclerosis 197:806-13. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that elevated UAE improves cardiovascular risk stratification in an elderly cohort aged 68-102 years...
- Women's Ischemic Syndrome Evaluation: current status and future research directions: report of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute workshop: October 2-4, 2002: Section 3: diagnosis and treatment of acute cardiac ischemia: gender issuesElizabeth G Nabel
Circulation 109:e50-2. 2004