R A Breslow
Affiliation: National Institutes of Health
- Review of epidemiologic studies of alcohol and prostate cancer: 1971-1996R A Breslow
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nutr Cancer 30:1-13. 1998..None of the studies have used genetic markers, nor have they been conducted in populations with known familial risk. Further studies in some populations may be warranted...
- Americans' knowledge of cancer risk and survivalR A Breslow
Applied Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Prev Med 26:170-7. 1997....
- Trends in food intake: the 1987 and 1992 National Health Interview SurveysR A Breslow
Applied Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nutr Cancer 28:86-92. 1997....
- Male pattern baldness and clinical prostate cancer in the epidemiologic follow-up of the first National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyE Hawk
Gastrointestinal and Other Cancer Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7322, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:523-7. 2000..50 (95% confidence interval, 1.12-2.00) and was similar regardless of the severity of baldness at baseline and was independent of other risk factors, including race and age. MPB seems to be a risk factor for clinical prostate cancer...
- Vitamin/mineral supplementation among cancer survivors: 1987 and 1992 National Health Interview SurveysK McDavid
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Nutr Cancer 41:29-32. 2001..Results were based on small numbers of survivors, however, and require replication...
- Long-term recreational physical activity and breast cancer in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey I epidemiologic follow-up studyR A Breslow
Epidemiology and Health Services Research Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:805-8. 2001..High recreational physical activity over the long-term may reduce breast cancer risk in women > or =50 years of age; in this sample, it did so regardless of weight history...