Krastan B Blagoev
Affiliation: National Science Foundation
- Telomere exchange and asymmetric segregation of chromosomes can account for the unlimited proliferative potential of ALT cell populationsKrastan B Blagoev
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM 87544, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 7:199-204. 2008..At the end we discuss a possible experiment that can validate the findings of this study...
- Cell proliferation in the presence of telomeraseKrastan B Blagoev
National Science Foundation, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4622. 2009..Telomerase extends short telomeres more frequently than long telomeres and the relation between the extension frequency and the telomere length is nonlinear...
- Therapies with diverse mechanisms of action kill cells by a similar exponential process in advanced cancersKrastan B Blagoev
National Science Foundation, Arlington, Virginia Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School and the Antinula Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Charlestown, Massachusetts
Cancer Res 74:4653-62. 2014..Our analysis, thus, points to a common pathway to cell death for cancer cells in patients. See all articles in this Cancer Research section, "Physics in Cancer Research."..
- Sunitinib does not accelerate tumor growth in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaKrastan B Blagoev
National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA 22030, USA
Cell Rep 3:277-81. 2013..Concerns arising from animal models do not apply to patients receiving sunitinib and likely will not apply to similar agents...
- Organ aging and susceptibility to cancer may be related to the geometry of the stem cell nicheKrastan B Blagoev
Cavendish Laboratory, Department of Physics, JJ Thomson Avenue, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB3 0HE, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:19216-21. 2011..Several testable experimental predictions are discussed, as well the presence of stochastic effects...
- Telomere sister chromatid exchange and the process of agingKrastan B Blagoev
National Science Foundation, Arlington, VA 22230, USA
Aging (Albany NY) 2:727-30. 2010..In this Research Perspective we will explore some of the implications this recent work has for human health...
- Hazard ratios in cancer clinical trials--a primerKrastan B Blagoev
Physics Division, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230, USA
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 9:178-83. 2012....